fax mail transport does not work

sildar

fax mail transport does not work
hi
I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003 se
sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport I
receive the following error
message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work
properly
until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
can anyone help me?
Thank you very much
silvio

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax mail transport does not work
Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003
> se
> sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport
> receive the following error
> message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work
> properly
> until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
> can anyone help me?
> Thank you very much
> silvio

sildar

Re: fax mail transport does not work
hi Russ
I beg your pardo.what is WFS
thank you for th reply
silvio

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> > I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003
> > se
> > sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport
> > receive the following error
> > message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work
> > properly
> > until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
> > can anyone help me?
> > Thank you very much
> > silvio

Cal Bear '66

Re: fax mail transport does not work
WFS = Windows Fax and Scan

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> hi Russ
> I beg your pardo.what is WFS
> thank you for th reply
> silvio
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi
>> > I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003
>> > se
>> > sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport
>> > receive the following error
>> > message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work
>> > properly
>> > until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
>> > can anyone help me?
>> > Thank you very much
>> > silvio

sildar

Re: fax mail transport does not work
yes I configured it and I have an account "\\SERVER"
Bye
silvio

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> > I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003
> > se
> > sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport
> > receive the following error
> > message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work
> > properly
> > until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
> > can anyone help me?
> > Thank you very much
> > silvio

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax mail transport does not work
Windows Fax and Scan--the fax client software that comes with Vista
Business.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi Russ
> I beg your pardo.what is WFS
> thank you for th reply
> silvio
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi
>> > I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs
>> > 2003
>> > se
>> > sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail
>> > transport
>> > receive the following error
>> > message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not
>> > work
>> > properly
>> > until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel".
>> > can anyone help me?
>> > Thank you very much
>> > silvio

sildar

Re: fax mail transport does not work
yes I configured it and I have an account "\\SERVER"
but still gives me the error
bye
silvio

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Windows Fax and Scan--the fax client software that comes with Vista
> Business.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi Russ
> > I beg your pardo.what is WFS
> > thank you for th reply
> > silvio
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you configured a fax account in WFS?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax mail transport does not work
Can you connect to regular file shares on that SBS2k3 Server from the Vista
Business Client?
--
> yes I configured it and I have an account "\\SERVER"
> but still gives me the error
> bye
> silvio
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Windows Fax and Scan--the fax client software that comes with Vista
>> Business.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi Russ
>> > I beg your pardo.what is WFS
>> > thank you for th reply
>> > silvio

sildar

Re: fax mail transport does not work
hi
I got the solution to my problem running

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Can you connect to regular file shares on that SBS2k3 Server from the Vista
> Business Client?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]outlook as administrator

thank you very much the same
silvio
> "sildar" <sildar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes I configured it and I have an account "\\SERVER"
> > but still gives me the error
> > bye
> > silvio
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Fax and Scan--the fax client software that comes with Vista
> >> Business.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: fax mail transport does not work
Care to post it so others with the same problem will know what it is? WFS
has had a difficult time working with SBS. It would be nice to know what
helps.