Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   Word 97 on Windows Vista - Word Unloads On Print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/111501-word-97-windows-vista-word-unloads-print.html)

Phillip Galey 09-01-2007 15:34

Word 97 on Windows Vista - Word Unloads On Print

I have Microsoft Office 97 Professional on Windows Vista Home Premium and I
have a HP PSC 2355 All-In-One Printer. Word is not able to print. Every
time I try to print from Word 97, the Word application closes and disappears
from the screen. I can print fine from other programs, such as WordPad, so
the printer is ok. It almost lets me print envelopes, but the bottom of the
mailing address is about 1/2 inch from the top of the envelope, so the
positioning of the printing is all wacked out. But for regular printing, it
just kills the Word program.

Is is possible to get Word 97 to co-exist with Windows Vista and the PSC
2355 and print? Thanks.

--
Phillip Galey

Cari \(MS-MVP\) 09-01-2007 19:14

Re: Word 97 on Windows Vista - Word Unloads On Print

Try asking in the Newsgroups for Word. Since the printer works correctly
with other applications, this is a Word (or Office) specific problem.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Alan Morris [MSFT] 09-04-2007 19:53

Re: Word 97 on Windows Vista - Word Unloads On Print

This sounds like a driver issue corrupting memory within the application.

Can you open the printing preferences and other print properties pages from
the printers folder without getting an explorer.exe error?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Phillip Galey 09-10-2007 14:20

Re: Word 97 on Windows Vista - Word Unloads On Print

Yes. The printer icon opens fine and I'm able to open Properties and also
Printing Preferences with no problem.

--
Phillip Galey