Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic

JohnH

Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
First install caused stopped spooler. Got spooler running ok with sc-config
command. Then reinstall with driver cjrx1100en from Lexmark. Now printer
prints ok, but can't scan. All in one page won't come up-error message
lxbkaiox.exe stopped.

Same printer is installed on another machine running Vista Home Premium,
works fine .

JohnH

JohnH

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Further exploring revealed a service listing of lexbce server ,which was
stopped and can't start because the .exe file it is pointing to doesn't
exist. Could this be the problem? I'm not familiar with regedit enough to
use it without guidence.

Any help is appreciated , John H.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Steps 15 through 17 at

(No need to go into the registry)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Further exploring revealed a service listing of lexbce server ,which was
> stopped and can't start because the .exe file it is pointing to doesn't
> exist. Could this be the problem? I'm not familiar with regedit enough to
> use it without guidence.
>
> Any help is appreciated , John H.

JohnH

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Thanks for the reply.

The reference you gave me is what I used to get the spooler going again.
Problem now is that the scaner won't scan. It appears to be ok in control
panel> scanners and cameras.

When trying to load all in one center page, get error message ,Runtime Error
program c:\program files\lexmark x1100 series\lxbkaiox.exe
aioc exe has stopped working

Also wondering if services listing , lexbce server , has any effect on
scanner.
The server listing can't be started because it points to file c\windows
\system32\lexbces.exe . Which windows can't find.

Would restoring system to factory default ,and starting over work?

John H.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Steps 15 through 17 at
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> (No need to go into the registry)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Further exploring revealed a service listing of lexbce server ,which was
>> stopped and can't start because the .exe file it is pointing to doesn't
>> exist. Could this be the problem? I'm not familiar with regedit enough to
>> use it without guidence.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated , John H.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Does Lexmark have an Uninstall Utility on their website for this unit?

Restoring to factory default would help, but it will also destroy any and
all files and folders you have put on your PC... documents, MP3s, videos,
everything you have installed and/or created. So if you do use it, backup
anything you want/need to keep FIRST.
--

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The reference you gave me is what I used to get the spooler going again.
> Problem now is that the scaner won't scan. It appears to be ok in control
> panel> scanners and cameras.
>
> When trying to load all in one center page, get error message ,Runtime
> Error
> program c:\program files\lexmark x1100 series\lxbkaiox.exe
> aioc exe has stopped working
>
> Also wondering if services listing , lexbce server , has any effect on
> scanner.
> The server listing can't be started because it points to file c\windows
> \system32\lexbces.exe . Which windows can't find.
>
> Would restoring system to factory default ,and starting over work?
>
> John H.
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Steps 15 through 17 at
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>
>> (No need to go into the registry)
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Further exploring revealed a service listing of lexbce server ,which was
>>> stopped and can't start because the .exe file it is pointing to doesn't
>>> exist. Could this be the problem? I'm not familiar with regedit enough
>>> to use it without guidence.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated , John H.

JohnH

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic

Lexmark has Vistaclean1100,which didn't work any better than normal
uninstall.
They also have Vistareg, which basically says:
disconnect usb
uninstall
reboot
empty recycle
reboot
go to regedit
find HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Lexmark
delete lexmark key
reboot
install with new driver waiting for usb plug in prompt

I tried it ,but machine wouldn't let me delete Lexmark Key.

> Does Lexmark have an Uninstall Utility on their website for this unit?
>
> Restoring to factory default would help, but it will also destroy any and
> all files and folders you have put on your PC... documents, MP3s, videos,
> everything you have installed and/or created. So if you do use it, backup
> anything you want/need to keep FIRST.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> The reference you gave me is what I used to get the spooler going again.
>> Problem now is that the scaner won't scan. It appears to be ok in control
>> panel> scanners and cameras.
>>
>> When trying to load all in one center page, get error message ,Runtime
>> Error
>> program c:\program files\lexmark x1100 series\lxbkaiox.exe
>> aioc exe has stopped working
>>
>> Also wondering if services listing , lexbce server , has any effect on
>> scanner.
>> The server listing can't be started because it points to file c\windows
>> \system32\lexbces.exe . Which windows can't find.
>>
>> Would restoring system to factory default ,and starting over work?
>>
>> John H.
>>

>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> Steps 15 through 17 at
>>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>>
>>> (No need to go into the registry)
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>>> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Cal Bear '66

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Have you tried to run regedit "elevated"? (Type regedit in the Start Search box
above the Start Orb and when regedit.exe appears at the top of the Start Menu,
right click it and select "Run as Administrator".)

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> Lexmark has Vistaclean1100,which didn't work any better than normal uninstall.
> They also have Vistareg, which basically says:
> disconnect usb
> uninstall
> reboot
> empty recycle
> reboot
> go to regedit
> find HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Lexmark
> delete lexmark key
> reboot
> install with new driver waiting for usb plug in prompt
>
> I tried it ,but machine wouldn't let me delete Lexmark Key.
>
> John H
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Does Lexmark have an Uninstall Utility on their website for this unit?
>>
>> Restoring to factory default would help, but it will also destroy any and all
>> files and folders you have put on your PC... documents, MP3s, videos,
>> everything you have installed and/or created. So if you do use it, backup
>> anything you want/need to keep FIRST.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for the reply.
>>>
>>> The reference you gave me is what I used to get the spooler going again.
>>> Problem now is that the scaner won't scan. It appears to be ok in control
>>> panel> scanners and cameras.
>>>
>>> When trying to load all in one center page, get error message ,Runtime Error
>>> program c:\program files\lexmark x1100 series\lxbkaiox.exe
>>> aioc exe has stopped working
>>>
>>> Also wondering if services listing , lexbce server , has any effect on
>>> scanner.
>>> The server listing can't be started because it points to file c\windows
>>> \system32\lexbces.exe . Which windows can't find.
>>>
>>> Would restoring system to factory default ,and starting over work?
>>>
>>> John H.

JohnH

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
No, I haven't done it that way, Cal.
I clicked on start>run>and typed in regedit. Below the box it said "this
task will be created with administrative privileges". Should be the same?

John H.

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Have you tried to run regedit "elevated"? (Type regedit in the Start
> Search box above the Start Orb and when regedit.exe appears at the top of
> the Start Menu, right click it and select "Run as Administrator".)
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Lexmark has Vistaclean1100,which didn't work any better than normal
>> uninstall.
>> They also have Vistareg, which basically says:
>> disconnect usb
>> uninstall
>> reboot
>> empty recycle
>> reboot
>> go to regedit
>> find HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Lexmark
>> delete lexmark key
>> reboot
>> install with new driver waiting for usb plug in prompt
>>
>> I tried it ,but machine wouldn't let me delete Lexmark Key.
>>
>> John H
>>

>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> Does Lexmark have an Uninstall Utility on their website for this unit?
>>>
>>> Restoring to factory default would help, but it will also destroy any
>>> and all files and folders you have put on your PC... documents, MP3s,
>>> videos, everything you have installed and/or created. So if you do use
>>> it, backup anything you want/need to keep FIRST.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>>> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Cal Bear '66

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
Try it the way I suggested. Run regedit.exe "elevated", that is right click and
select "Run as Administrator". bypass the Run box.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> No, I haven't done it that way, Cal.
> I clicked on start>run>and typed in regedit. Below the box it said "this task
> will be created with administrative privileges". Should be the same?
>
> John H.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Have you tried to run regedit "elevated"? (Type regedit in the Start Search
>> box above the Start Orb and when regedit.exe appears at the top of the Start
>> Menu, right click it and select "Run as Administrator".)
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "JohnH" <johnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Lexmark has Vistaclean1100,which didn't work any better than normal
>>> uninstall.
>>> They also have Vistareg, which basically says:
>>> disconnect usb
>>> uninstall
>>> reboot
>>> empty recycle
>>> reboot
>>> go to regedit
>>> find HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Lexmark
>>> delete lexmark key
>>> reboot
>>> install with new driver waiting for usb plug in prompt
>>>
>>> I tried it ,but machine wouldn't let me delete Lexmark Key.
>>>
>>> John H

JohnH

Re: Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic
I tried it the way you suggested. Got message" cannot delete lexmark:error
while deleting key". I believe that's the same message I got before. I guess
it wasn't that it wouldn't let me,but couldn't do it.