HP Printer F4140 Not Installating [Vista Ultimate]

Dylan Harrelson

HP Printer F4140 Not Installating [Vista Ultimate]
I purchased a HP Printer F4140 after HP refused to support my 1410 printer.
Well I went to install it and it gives me a fatal error as follows:

Error Situation Code: 06395408

The following lines were retrieved from the installation error logs.

Now Launching=X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstl64xml_vista -l XXX -f
X:\hpoins12.dat -Validate No .dat -Validate No
= Application did not return ERROR_SUCCESS. Returned 0x643
Exit code=1603

I have been in touch with HP support and I have already deleted the 'temp'
and 'prefetch' folders and tried reinstalling. I have also tried to register
vbscript.dll through the CMD Prompt. HP Support has now told me to contact
Microsoft but I can not find the time to sit on the phone for another two
hours let alone pay for phone support from them. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Printer F4140 Not Installating [Vista Ultimate]
Are you using the 64 bit version of Vista? Did you download the most recent
version of the drivers and if you're using the 64 bit version of Vista,
check you have the 64 bit drivers for your printer?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Dylan Harrelson" <DylanHarrelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:74CC5DBF-DD91-44EE-AF26-9C13EE1D8622@microsoft.com...
>I purchased a HP Printer F4140 after HP refused to support my 1410 printer.
> Well I went to install it and it gives me a fatal error as follows:
>
> Error Situation Code: 06395408
>
> The following lines were retrieved from the installation error logs.
>
> Now Launching=X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstl64xml_vista -l XXX -f
> X:\hpoins12.dat -Validate No .dat -Validate No
> = Application did not return ERROR_SUCCESS. Returned 0x643
> Exit code=1603
>
> I have been in touch with HP support and I have already deleted the 'temp'
> and 'prefetch' folders and tried reinstalling. I have also tried to
> register
> vbscript.dll through the CMD Prompt. HP Support has now told me to
> contact
> Microsoft but I can not find the time to sit on the phone for another two
> hours let alone pay for phone support from them. Any help would be
> appreciated. Thank you.

Dylan Harrelson

Re: HP Printer F4140 Not Installating [Vista Ultimate]
I am indeed using 64-Bit Ultimate, I have tried using both 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers. I get the feelings its something Microsoft related because now
Adobe Acrobat can not find a standard driver for printers when it installs
either.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you using the 64 bit version of Vista? Did you download the most recent
> version of the drivers and if you're using the 64 bit version of Vista,
> check you have the 64 bit drivers for your printer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Dylan Harrelson" <DylanHarrelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:74CC5DBF-DD91-44EE-AF26-9C13EE1D8622@microsoft.com...
> >I purchased a HP Printer F4140 after HP refused to support my 1410 printer.
> > Well I went to install it and it gives me a fatal error as follows:
> >
> > Error Situation Code: 06395408
> >
> > The following lines were retrieved from the installation error logs.
> >
> > Now Launching=X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstl64xml_vista -l XXX -f
> > X:\hpoins12.dat -Validate No .dat -Validate No
> > = Application did not return ERROR_SUCCESS. Returned 0x643
> > Exit code=1603
> >
> > I have been in touch with HP support and I have already deleted the 'temp'
> > and 'prefetch' folders and tried reinstalling. I have also tried to
> > register
> > vbscript.dll through the CMD Prompt. HP Support has now told me to
> > contact
> > Microsoft but I can not find the time to sit on the phone for another two
> > hours let alone pay for phone support from them. Any help would be
> > appreciated. Thank you.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Printer F4140 Not Installating [Vista Ultimate]
Acrobat needs an update for 64 bit as I recall.

Make sure you've totally uninstalled the 32 bit drivers, they could be
interfering with the 64 bit install. And don't disable UAC.... Acrobat
certainly doesn't like installing with it disabled, HP's drivers may be the
same.
--

message news:E762B694-351F-4A56-B702-BFE37C8AEE16@microsoft.com...