Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan

רועי

Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan
When faxing more than one page, the first page sent OK but the second page
get "stuck". I hear the fax sound keep going and it won't finish sending
until I press "Disconnect". The second page failed to be sent.
It happens every time I send more then one page. If I send one page it's fine.
I tried other fax software like MightyFax and it was successful every time.
The problem is in Windows Fax And Scan only.
I'm using Windows Vista.
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan
You need to post some actual information. How you are sending the fax seems
like a good place to start. So would error messages and entries in Event
Viewer. You also need to realize that WFS is a TAPI application that will
frequently fail if you have installed other TAPI based fax applications.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"רועי" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When faxing more than one page, the first page sent OK but the second page
> get "stuck". I hear the fax sound keep going and it won't finish sending
> until I press "Disconnect". The second page failed to be sent.
> It happens every time I send more then one page. If I send one page it's
> fine.
> I tried other fax software like MightyFax and it was successful every
> time.
> The problem is in Windows Fax And Scan only.
> I'm using Windows Vista.

Chris Cowles

> You need to post some actual information. How you are sending the
> fax seems like a good place to start. So would error messages and
> entries in Event Viewer. You also need to realize that WFS is a TAPI
> application that will frequently fail if you have installed other
> TAPI based fax applications.

I'm suffering a similar problem sending via the BCM V.92 56K Modem
included with my Dell 4600c. It has worked in the past. The
destination is a packetel efax service line (www.packetel.com). I've
used that service in the past, though at a different time and on a
different line.

The error and reason are below. On my side, it transmits one page then
fails. The first page is received because I get it in email, which is
what I'm attempting to test. Is there setting I can send to my
faxmodem to increase the timeout, or improve the compatibility with
the receiving fax?

From event viewer:
attempt to resend the fax.
Reason: The remote fax machine did not respond in time, and the call
was terminated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Chris Cowles