I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning

jtllal

I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not find
that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
now install it. Please help!!
Thanks

jtllal

P. Di Stolfo

Re: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
Hello,

it's only included in Windows Vista Ultimate, as far as I know.
I have a similar problem, and had to complain that there was no software for
my HP OfficeJet available. But now there seems to be the installation pack
of the full software downloadable:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 1991&lang=en

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"jtllal" <jtllal@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not
> find
> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
> now install it. Please help!!
> Thanks
>
> jtllal

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
You don't. Fax and Scan is not included with any Home version of Vista.
Here are some alternatives:

Snappy Fax
http://www.snappysoftware//snappyFax
RKSFax
http://www.rkssoftware.com/rksfax/overview.html

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"jtllal" <jtllal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not

find
> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
> now install it. Please help!!
> Thanks
>
> jtllal

Dave

Re: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
Not included...
I have a HP 6110. For scanning, I purchased VueScan, works great. Free
trial.
http://www.hamrick.com/

For faxes, I do it manually.

"jtllal" <jtllal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not
> find
> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
> now install it. Please help!!
> Thanks
>
> jtllal

iacseb

RE: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
I had the exact same problem with my Lexmark X5150 all in one. I have a new
Dell dimension E521 which came with windows vista home premium installed. I
went to the Dell Help and it told me the same thing, after several searches
in help, I found a scanner setup wizard - which I selected and went through
the process. After the setup, I went to the Device Manager to check the
status of the scanner, lo and behold it has an error on it

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available."

I followed instructions, and nothing happened. I am not very happy with
this version of Windows!

Frustrated in Florida!

"jtllal" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not find
> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
> now install it. Please help!!
> Thanks
>
> jtllal

Bob Headrick

"iacseb" <iacseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "jtllal" wrote:
>> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all
>> in
>> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not
>> find
>> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do
>> now install it. Please help!!

> I had the exact same problem with my Lexmark X5150 all in one. I have a
> new
> Dell dimension E521 which came with windows vista home premium installed.
> went to the Dell Help and it told me the same thing, after several
> searches
> in help, I found a scanner setup wizard - which I selected and went
> through
> the process. After the setup, I went to the Device Manager to check the
> status of the scanner, lo and behold it has an error on it

Vista Home Premium does not include Windows Fax and Scan. See
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/faxscan.mspx
which says: "Windows Fax and Scan, available in the Business, Ultimate, and
Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, makes it easy to send and receive
faxes, scan documents and images, and share those items with others-right
from your computer."

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

talaatamer

Re: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
hello,same problem i hv vista home ,ok it"s not includd fax and scan.so if i
need to install it what can i do?
talaat

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "iacseb" <iacseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "jtllal" wrote:
> >> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all
> >> in
> >> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not
> >> find
> >> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do
> >> now install it. Please help!!

> > I had the exact same problem with my Lexmark X5150 all in one. I have a
> > new
> > Dell dimension E521 which came with windows vista home premium installed.
> > went to the Dell Help and it told me the same thing, after several
> > searches
> > in help, I found a scanner setup wizard - which I selected and went
> > through
> > the process. After the setup, I went to the Device Manager to check the
> > status of the scanner, lo and behold it has an error on it

> Vista Home Premium does not include Windows Fax and Scan. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/faxscan.mspx
> which says: "Windows Fax and Scan, available in the Business, Ultimate, and
> Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, makes it easy to send and receive
> faxes, scan documents and images, and share those items with others-right
> from your computer."
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

nealabama

Re: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
Fax and Scanning is included in XP Pro, why not all versions of Vista?

"Bob Headrick" wrote:

> "iacseb" <iacseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "jtllal" wrote:
> >> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all
> >> in
> >> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not
> >> find
> >> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do
> >> now install it. Please help!!

> > I had the exact same problem with my Lexmark X5150 all in one. I have a
> > new
> > Dell dimension E521 which came with windows vista home premium installed.
> > went to the Dell Help and it told me the same thing, after several
> > searches
> > in help, I found a scanner setup wizard - which I selected and went
> > through
> > the process. After the setup, I went to the Device Manager to check the
> > status of the scanner, lo and behold it has an error on it

> Vista Home Premium does not include Windows Fax and Scan. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/faxscan.mspx
> which says: "Windows Fax and Scan, available in the Business, Ultimate, and
> Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, makes it easy to send and receive
> faxes, scan documents and images, and share those items with others-right
> from your computer."
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Phil Swinney

RE: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
"Guys, I have the same problem, however, if you don't want to download any
additional programs, you do have "Paint" available on Vista and you can scan
from Paint. Click Start, Accessories then Paint. From File choose "From
Scanner or Camera" You also have the ability to adjust quality of the
scanned item. You can also go to Control Panel and select Scanners and
Cameras and set up a "Scan Profile". I find all this useful without having
additional programs.
--
Star Trek Collector

"jtllal" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in
> one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not find
> that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I
> now install it. Please help!!
> Thanks
>
> jtllal

Phil Swinney

RE: I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning
And I just checked, if you have downloaded Photosmart Essentials from HP, my
scanner software came with it, or you can download it from HP, you can obtain
a scanned image using the "Get Images" button and the scan window will open.
--
Star Trek Collector