Trying to print on Lexmark X5260

Matt

Trying to print on Lexmark X5260
I have been trying to set up a printer share between my Vista Laptop and my
XP PC, but it is driving me mad. I have looked at various post etc, and seem
to have followed all the advice, but I still cant get it to work. Any help
would be appreciated.

I beleive that I have installed it correctly, with the lastest Vista
drivers. Lexmark doesnt seem to have the X5260 on its list, but an e-mail to
them says I can us the X5250 drivers. When ever I test print it just says
'Trouble Communicating with the Printer'

Any ideas or help?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Trying to print on Lexmark X5260
Did you work your way through:
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to set up a printer share between my Vista Laptop and my
> XP PC, but it is driving me mad. I have looked at various post etc, and
> seem
> to have followed all the advice, but I still cant get it to work. Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> I beleive that I have installed it correctly, with the lastest Vista
> drivers. Lexmark doesnt seem to have the X5260 on its list, but an e-mail
> them says I can us the X5250 drivers. When ever I test print it just says
> 'Trouble Communicating with the Printer'
>
> Any ideas or help?

Matt

Re: Trying to print on Lexmark X5260
Thanks for your reply. I have worked my way through those options. The
printer appears to be installed but will not let me print. When I try the
printer is in the list of options, but it then gives the Lexmark messgae,

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you work your way through:
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to set up a printer share between my Vista Laptop and my
> > XP PC, but it is driving me mad. I have looked at various post etc, and
> > seem
> > to have followed all the advice, but I still cant get it to work. Any help
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > I beleive that I have installed it correctly, with the lastest Vista
> > drivers. Lexmark doesnt seem to have the X5260 on its list, but an e-mail
> > them says I can us the X5250 drivers. When ever I test print it just says
> > 'Trouble Communicating with the Printer'
> >
> > Any ideas or help?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Trying to print on Lexmark X5260
Change the USB cable.... swap it with another USB device (if you have one)
just to ensure it's not that and change USB port if necessary.

Do the USB ports work correctly with other devices?