Vista Home Premium Fax Applet

WebDad

Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan
Bob

Re: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
What exactly is the suggestion?

"WebDad" <WebDad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Louie

Re: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
What he means is that Microsoft dropped the ball by eliminating the faxing
capabilities from vista home, I miss it too, since symanted stop providing
support for winfax. it would be an excellent added value to vista home
premium if they put it back. hopefully somebody at microsoft includes this
topic for the upcoming SP1.

"Bob" wrote:

> What exactly is the suggestion?
>
> "WebDad" <WebDad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

fax now

Re: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
Amen to that. Come on Mr. Gates, we really need this fax back. I lived by the
fax utility in windows XP. I'm considering installing xp on my new computers
instead of vista just for the fax capability. I've hesitated upgrading any of
my old computers to vista because there is no fax. Do you know how many trees
and how much time I waste on a daily basis by not having this fax function?

.... to have to buy the business version just to send faxes is ridiculous.
Try finding a computer on the shelves pre-loaded with the business version.
My laptop runs vista basic and my desktop runs home premium.

I just want a fax!

"Louie" wrote:

> What he means is that Microsoft dropped the ball by eliminating the faxing
> capabilities from vista home, I miss it too, since symanted stop providing
> support for winfax. it would be an excellent added value to vista home
> premium if they put it back. hopefully somebody at microsoft includes this
> topic for the upcoming SP1.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
> > What exactly is the suggestion?
> >
> > "WebDad" <WebDad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

KeyBrd

RE: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
Microsoft redeem yourself and the trust people place in you. Return fax to
windows now! I have just spent a whole morning looking for my fax capability
on Home premium! I was sure it was me and not Microsoft; I mean how could
they do it? I upgraded to Vista (against advice from others) from XP not
knowing I was downgrading and losing my fax capability! This bit of info on
fax capability would have definitely changed my decision for a Vista upgrade!
"WebDad" wrote:

> Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Traveller

RE: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
Yes, I too would not have go for the Vista if I have known that I will be
downgraded to not having the fax facility. Mind you Microsoft, Home Premium
is not the basic package, and not only business people would send fax. Use
your head.

"KeyBrd" wrote:

> Microsoft redeem yourself and the trust people place in you. Return fax to
> windows now! I have just spent a whole morning looking for my fax capability
> on Home premium! I was sure it was me and not Microsoft; I mean how could
> they do it? I upgraded to Vista (against advice from others) from XP not
> knowing I was downgrading and losing my fax capability! This bit of info on
> fax capability would have definitely changed my decision for a Vista upgrade!
> "WebDad" wrote:
>
> > Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Genroc

RE: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
KeyBrd,
I just got done doing the same thing. My old computer died and I upgraded to
a laptop with Vista Home Premium. I've been trying for hours to fax a my
resume to a potential employeer just to find out it's not me... it's
Microsoft! This stinks!
BRING FAX BACK!!! We more than paid for the option.

"KeyBrd" wrote:

> Microsoft redeem yourself and the trust people place in you. Return fax to
> windows now! I have just spent a whole morning looking for my fax capability
> on Home premium! I was sure it was me and not Microsoft; I mean how could
> they do it? I upgraded to Vista (against advice from others) from XP not
> knowing I was downgrading and losing my fax capability! This bit of info on
> fax capability would have definitely changed my decision for a Vista upgrade!
> "WebDad" wrote:
>
> > Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Michael Lennon

"WebDad" wrote:

> Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!

They call it "Home Premium" version. You'd think the word premium might
mean more, or enhanced features from that of a "basic" or early version? Fax
capabilities have been available since Win95. MS errored not including fax
on all Vista versions. Perhaps I look at that Mac...
Lia

RE: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
I totally agree with everybody else here. Please please please return the
faxing app to windows. it is such a necessary app for me since i send quite a
few of them daily. the other thing is that there arent many third party fax
apps around especially from trustworthy companies.

thank you

"Michael Lennon" wrote:

> "WebDad" wrote:
>
> > Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium!

> They call it "Home Premium" version. You'd think the word premium might
> mean more, or enhanced features from that of a "basic" or early version? Fax
> capabilities have been available since Win95. MS errored not including fax
> on all Vista versions. Perhaps I look at that Mac...

Mike C

RE: Vista Home Premium Fax Applet
Bill wants you to shell out more bucks to upgrade to Ultimate (not Business),
On another post I found a couple of suggestions (RKSFax is only $20 vs $159
upgrade to VU):