Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2007
Andy D
 

Posts: n/a
System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One
I have a brand new Inspiron 531 that came with Vista and when I installed the
printer (plugged into USB) it doesn't detect it. However when I go into
Printers it shows the printer there and says it is operational. But it won't
respond when I tell it to print a sheet or anything, I don't understand. Is
this a Vista issue because it worked fine on my old computer with XP.

I'll appreciate any help, this has me very perplexed.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2007
Andy D
 

Posts: n/a
RE: System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One


"Andy D" wrote:

> I have a brand new Inspiron 531 that came with Vista and when I installed the
> printer (plugged into USB) it doesn't detect it. However when I go into
> Printers it shows the printer there and says it is operational. But it won't
> respond when I tell it to print a sheet or anything, I don't understand. Is
> this a Vista issue because it worked fine on my old computer with XP.
>


OK, now I got it to load, but it says it is not getting any signal from the
printer. As I said above, it's a USB, I have it connected up front. Even
though it says it's connected in my tray.

HELP!!
> I'll appreciate any help, this has me very perplexed.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One
Any change if you connect it to a rear USB port? Tried another USB cable?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Andy D" <AndyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A319343C-EA67-4184-8288-DAA1DC6035DA@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Andy D" wrote:
>
>> I have a brand new Inspiron 531 that came with Vista and when I installed
>> the
>> printer (plugged into USB) it doesn't detect it. However when I go into
>> Printers it shows the printer there and says it is operational. But it
>> won't
>> respond when I tell it to print a sheet or anything, I don't understand.
>> Is
>> this a Vista issue because it worked fine on my old computer with XP.
>>

>
> OK, now I got it to load, but it says it is not getting any signal from
> the
> printer. As I said above, it's a USB, I have it connected up front. Even
> though it says it's connected in my tray.
>
> HELP!!
>> I'll appreciate any help, this has me very perplexed.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Akbar Mian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One


"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Any change if you connect it to a rear USB port? Tried another USB cable?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Andy D" <AndyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A319343C-EA67-4184-8288-DAA1DC6035DA@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Andy D" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a brand new Inspiron 531 that came with Vista and when I installed
> >> the
> >> printer (plugged into USB) it doesn't detect it. However when I go into
> >> Printers it shows the printer there and says it is operational. But it
> >> won't
> >> respond when I tell it to print a sheet or anything, I don't understand.
> >> Is
> >> this a Vista issue because it worked fine on my old computer with XP.
> >>

> >
> > OK, now I got it to load, but it says it is not getting any signal from
> > the
> > printer. As I said above, it's a USB, I have it connected up front. Even
> > though it says it's connected in my tray.
> >
> > HELP!!
> >> I'll appreciate any help, this has me very perplexed.

>
> I have the same problem in Lexmark printer as well as in epson t88iv.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detect "System Protection" status rajenk@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 06-11-2007 22:54
Detect "System Protection" status rajenk@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 06-11-2007 20:34
Lexmark Drivers for Lexmark 2300 series printers Bob Lucas microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-01-2007 21:52
Acer Aspire 3100 3103WLMi + Vista = catastrophe !!!! vistakata microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.materiel 5 04-24-2007 22:12
HP Laserjet 3100 won't install =?Utf-8?B?V3lsY2hpbGQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 03-19-2007 23:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120