PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING IN VISTA

Blue Eyes

PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING IN VISTA
Dear All,

Sorry for chipping in, but this is my last opportunity to get help.
I jus bought two new laptops (one HP, secodn Fujitsu-Siemens) with
VISTA.

I was unable to install my printers despite downloading drivers form
the manufacturers pages.
One is Kyocers FS-1010, second is Lexmark AIO X6170.

I get an error message - SubSpoolingApp is something, the second is
error 0x00000002.

Iwas able to fix the sub sopooling thing (from microsoft tech help),
but then the second error pops up.

My question is:

Should I stay with XP, and not bother with VISTA for anither three
years?
Or can anyone help me - please at least direct me towards a
solution.....

My best,
Mike.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING IN VISTA
hmmm, hopefully Alan will help on this one. The error message you are
getting is:

Quite what it means when you are installing the correct (and up to date)
Vista drivers on clean installed notebooks, I'm not sure. Are these both
local printers... or networked ones. And if networked, are they on a domain
or workgroup?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Blue Eyes" <Mike.Mierzejewski@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1187723234.342053.114870@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
> Dear All,
>
> Sorry for chipping in, but this is my last opportunity to get help.
> I jus bought two new laptops (one HP, secodn Fujitsu-Siemens) with
> VISTA.
>
> I was unable to install my printers despite downloading drivers form
> the manufacturers pages.
> One is Kyocers FS-1010, second is Lexmark AIO X6170.
>
> I get an error message - SubSpoolingApp is something, the second is
> error 0x00000002.
>
> Iwas able to fix the sub sopooling thing (from microsoft tech help),
> but then the second error pops up.
>
> My question is:
>
> Should I stay with XP, and not bother with VISTA for anither three
> years?
> Or can anyone help me - please at least direct me towards a
> solution.....
>
> My best,
> Mike.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING IN VISTA
I think this error is actually File not found

E:\>winerror 2
2 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND <--> 0xc000000e STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE

Verify that the driver is the Vista driver
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> hmmm, hopefully Alan will help on this one. The error message you are
> getting is:
>
> Quite what it means when you are installing the correct (and up to date)
> Vista drivers on clean installed notebooks, I'm not sure. Are these both
> local printers... or networked ones. And if networked, are they on a
> domain or workgroup?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Blue Eyes" <Mike.Mierzejewski@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1187723234.342053.114870@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Sorry for chipping in, but this is my last opportunity to get help.
>> I jus bought two new laptops (one HP, secodn Fujitsu-Siemens) with
>> VISTA.
>>
>> I was unable to install my printers despite downloading drivers form
>> the manufacturers pages.
>> One is Kyocers FS-1010, second is Lexmark AIO X6170.
>>
>> I get an error message - SubSpoolingApp is something, the second is
>> error 0x00000002.
>>
>> Iwas able to fix the sub sopooling thing (from microsoft tech help),
>> but then the second error pops up.
>>
>> My question is:
>>
>> Should I stay with XP, and not bother with VISTA for anither three
>> years?
>> Or can anyone help me - please at least direct me towards a
>> solution.....
>>
>> My best,
>> Mike.

Blue Eyes

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING IN VISTA

I really appreciate Your help.
The're local ones.

And the laptops are fresh....

I will look at the links, and will come back later.

BUT REALLY APPRECIATE.

My best,
Mike.