Lost features of Shared Fax Client

Mark Gibbons

Lost features of Shared Fax Client
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get back some of the lost features of
SBS2003 shared fax client.
That is being able to recieve a message ( mail or popup) after sending an
Un/Successful Fax ?

TIA

Costas

Re: Lost features of Shared Fax Client
I'm not sure I understand the 'lost features' part of the question, but if
you want to get email receipts, right click on 'Fax' under 'Standard
Management', select 'Properties' and under 'Receipts' set the 'SMTP' and
'Message Box' fields

Costas

"Mark Gibbons" <sales@krismark.net.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows how to get back some of the lost features
> of SBS2003 shared fax client.
> That is being able to recieve a message ( mail or popup) after sending an
> Un/Successful Fax ?
>
> TIA

Mark Gibbons

Re: Lost features of Shared Fax Client
Thanks for the reply Costas
Sorry for the ingnorance, but I cant find 'Standard Management'
Is it in SBS2003 or Vista ?

"Costas" <cpstechgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure I understand the 'lost features' part of the question, but if
> you want to get email receipts, right click on 'Fax' under 'Standard
> Management', select 'Properties' and under 'Receipts' set the 'SMTP' and
> 'Message Box' fields
>
> Costas
>
> "Mark Gibbons" <sales@krismark.net.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone knows how to get back some of the lost features
>> of SBS2003 shared fax client.
>> That is being able to recieve a message ( mail or popup) after sending an
>> Un/Successful Fax ?
>>
>> TIA

Costas

Re: Lost features of Shared Fax Client
Mark,

In SBS2K3 click on 'Start' and then at the the top select 'Server
Management'. You'll see 'Standard Management' at the top left

> Thanks for the reply Costas
> Sorry for the ingnorance, but I cant find 'Standard Management'
> Is it in SBS2003 or Vista ?
>
> "Costas" <cpstechgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm not sure I understand the 'lost features' part of the question, but
>> if you want to get email receipts, right click on 'Fax' under 'Standard
>> Management', select 'Properties' and under 'Receipts' set the 'SMTP' and
>> 'Message Box' fields
>>
>> Costas
>>
>> "Mark Gibbons" <sales@krismark.net.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just wondering if anyone knows how to get back some of the lost features
>>> of SBS2003 shared fax client.
>>> That is being able to recieve a message ( mail or popup) after sending
>>> an Un/Successful Fax ?
>>>
>>> TIA

Mark Gibbons

Re: Lost features of Shared Fax Client
Costas,

I should have been more specific as I posted in a Vista Group as well,

This is only occuring on a Vista Client. The interface and setup is
different to that of XP.

There is no option for a message.
> Mark,
>
> In SBS2K3 click on 'Start' and then at the the top select 'Server
> Management'. You'll see 'Standard Management' at the top left
>
> Costas
>
> "Mark Gibbons" <sales@krismark.net.nospam> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply Costas
>> Sorry for the ingnorance, but I cant find 'Standard Management'
>> Is it in SBS2003 or Vista ?
>>
>> "Costas" <cpstechgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm not sure I understand the 'lost features' part of the question, but
>>> if you want to get email receipts, right click on 'Fax' under 'Standard
>>> Management', select 'Properties' and under 'Receipts' set the 'SMTP' and
>>> 'Message Box' fields
>>>
>>> Costas

Costas

Re: Lost features of Shared Fax Client
Mark,

The instructions I sent you are for SBS. There isn't any other place you
can configure them. If you are having problems with the Vista Fax Service
then the other group could be of more help