off color

tstp

off color
Hi

I have a photo that is printing correctly.
It's a photo of a white wedding cake. When I print it, the output has a pink
tinge to it.
I'm using Vista Home Premium with a Lexmark P4350.
The photo looks great on the monitor, prints perfeclty on the 4x6 photo
paper except for the pink.
Can anybody help me or direct me to a site that can?
thanks
tom

tstp

RE: off color
edit
I have a photo that is printing incorrectly

"tstp" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a photo that is printing correctly.
> It's a photo of a white wedding cake. When I print it, the output has a pink
> tinge to it.
> I'm using Vista Home Premium with a Lexmark P4350.
> The photo looks great on the monitor, prints perfeclty on the 4x6 photo
> paper except for the pink.
> Can anybody help me or direct me to a site that can?
> thanks
> tom

Dan [MSFT]

Re: off color
Tom,

You might try playing with the color management settings for your printer.
Go to the control panel & find the Color Management option. Find your
device & tinker with the settings for your printer. Windows ships with some
default color modules, and some printer manufacturers have additional color
modules that understand what changes need to be made to an image given the
paper & ink being used.

If, at the end of the day, you are still stuck with a pink wedding cake, I
would recommend talking to the hardware manufacturer to see if they have any
additional suggestions.

Dan

"tstp" <tstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news698B652-6E2B-4F52-B6AB-9D6E9B129D2D@microsoft.com...
> edit
> I have a photo that is printing incorrectly
>
> "tstp" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a photo that is printing correctly.
>> It's a photo of a white wedding cake. When I print it, the output has a
>> pink
>> tinge to it.
>> I'm using Vista Home Premium with a Lexmark P4350.
>> The photo looks great on the monitor, prints perfeclty on the 4x6 photo
>> paper except for the pink.
>> Can anybody help me or direct me to a site that can?
>> thanks
>> tom

tstp

Re: off color
Dan, thanks for the reply
I fiddled around with the settings, but still "in the pink" .
Never thought of contacting Lexmark. I needed the picture that day, so I
just printed it out in Black and White and it came out great. The person I
was doing it for was very happy, so I left it at that.
Cheers
Tom