Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

"Print what" default in Word 2007

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Paddy
 

Posts: n/a
"Print what" default in Word 2007
I hope I've posted this in the right forum.

I've recently converted to Vista, which came with Word 2007.

When I want to print a document in Word 2007, the default "Print what"
option is "Document showing markup."

How do I change this to default to "Document"?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Ken Blake, MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "Print what" default in Word 2007
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:32:00 -0700, Paddy
<Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I hope I've posted this in the right forum.



Actually, no. This is a Word question, not a Vista one, and you would
be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than
here.


> I've recently converted to Vista, which came with Word 2007.
>
> When I want to print a document in Word 2007, the default "Print what"
> option is "Document showing markup."
>
> How do I change this to default to "Document"?
>
> Thank you


--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Paddy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "Print what" default in Word 2007
"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
> you would be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than here.


OK. I had searched microsoft.com for a forum for Word, but haven't managed
to find one. Either it's well hidden or (more likely) I just don't have good
eyes.

Please would you point me to the right forum.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Ken Blake, MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "Print what" default in Word 2007
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:24:05 -0700, Paddy
<Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
> > you would be much more likely to get the help you need in a Word newsgroup than here.

>
> OK. I had searched microsoft.com for a forum for Word, but haven't managed
> to find one. Either it's well hidden or (more likely) I just don't have good
> eyes.
>
> Please would you point me to the right forum.



First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
newsgroup. You are accessing this newsgroup via the awful Microsoft
web interface, and that's the slowest, clunkiest, most error-prone
method there is. Do yourself a favor and switch to a newsreader, such
as Outlook Express, which comes with Windows. See
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Once you do that, you will find many newsgroups with names in the form
microsoft.public.word.xxxxx, such as microsoft.public.word.printing,
which is probably a good place for your question.

--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Paddy Landau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "Print what" default in Word 2007
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
> newsgroup...


Well, that has opened my eyes!

Thank you, Ken. I've found the newsgroups and I will post my question in
a more appropriate place.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Ken Blake, MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "Print what" default in Word 2007
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:04:34 +0100, Paddy Landau
<Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:


> > First, note that what you are calling a "forum" is actually a
> > newsgroup...

>
> Well, that has opened my eyes!
>
> Thank you, Ken. I've found the newsgroups and I will post my question in
> a more appropriate place.



You're welcome. Glad to help.

--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista64 / Outlook 2007 -- "Cannot open your default e-mail folders." gizbug microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 02-21-2009 06:29
Changing default path of "My Documents" (User files)to D: drive? math microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 4 07-17-2007 01:12
Change Microsoft "Works (word)" default save location. Howkat microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-23-2007 08:00
"Will Vista be done by 30 January 2007?" His answer: "No." michail iakovou yos microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 19 02-28-2007 22:50
WM5 Sync with Vista "Windows Calender", "Contacts", and "Mail" =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-17-2007 01:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:10.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120