Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.

Shaz42

Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.
I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails
and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with
Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was.
I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used
the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is
a problem with the install, it continues to say on installing that the
'interface has stopped working' then when i try to open the All in One
program a message comes up 'AIOC has stopped working'.
All i can do is print, not scan or copy, im at a loss with this, Lexmark
refuse to take responsibilty and Vista have no sloutions.
Why would Lexmark sell a product that clearly is not compatible?
Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?
Thanks
SHORTIE

RE: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.
I also have Lexmark ALL in One model 1290. I am having the same problem.
I have also received several messages that new hardware has been found and
wants to reinstall the Lexmark.

"Shaz42" wrote:

> I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails
> and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with
> Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was.
> I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used
> the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is
> a problem with the install, it continues to say on installing that the
> 'interface has stopped working' then when i try to open the All in One
> program a message comes up 'AIOC has stopped working'.
> All i can do is print, not scan or copy, im at a loss with this, Lexmark
> refuse to take responsibilty and Vista have no sloutions.
> Why would Lexmark sell a product that clearly is not compatible?
> Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?
> Thanks

samuel

RE: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.
hola, tengo el mismo problema, si tienes alguna solución, informame
samuelpepi@hotmail.com; asi mismo comparto tu idea de la irresponsabilidad de
lexkmark

maddog54611@yahoo.com

On Aug 21, 8:50 pm, SHORTIE <SHOR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I also have LexmarkALLinOnemodel 1290. I am having the same problem.
> I have also received several messages that new hardware has been found and
> wants to reinstall theLexmark.
>

> "Shaz42" wrote:
> > I have bought aLexmarkX1270AllInOnePrinter, but despite endless emails
> > and phone calls toLexmarkthey are still stating that it is compatible with
> > Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was.
> > I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files ofLexmarkthen used
> > the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is
> > a problem with the install, it continues to say on installing that the
> > 'interface has stopped working' then when i try to open theAllinOne
> > program a message comes up 'AIOC has stopped working'.
> >Alli can do is print, not scan or copy, im at a loss with this,Lexmark
> > refuse to take responsibilty and Vista have no sloutions.
> > Why wouldLexmarksell a product that clearly is not compatible?
> > Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Looks theres a LOT of us having the SAME problem, from the best I can
tell it is the SOFTWARE, when you install the software, mine always
gives me an error messgae about something stopping, and that windows
would let me know when there is a fix (YEAH RIGHT), I have tried
EVERYTHING to get this to work. I can PRINT thru windows, but you
can't scan or copy without the control center working, and it won't
work, keeps saying AOIC.exe stopped responding, cause it never fully
loaded from the stupid CD, Preparing to E-Mail Lexmark, and see If
they can tell me what to try next. If I get it fixed I will come back
and post the solution!!!! Thanks, Len P

JohnH

Re: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.
Same problem here with x1185. I also worked with Lexmark tech. Nothing fixed
it. I tried new Lex 1240 ,with proper driver on cd, same trouble. Tbl is on
machine running Vista Home Basic. I also have a machine with Vista Home
Premium that works fine with the x1185. Waiting for your "got it fixed
"post.

John H.

news:1189050016.904411.15650@r34g2000hsd.googlegro ups.com...

On Sep 6, 2:23 pm, "JohnH" <jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Same problem here with x1185. I also worked withLexmarktech. Nothing fixed
> it. I tried new Lex 1240 ,with proper driver on cd, same trouble. Tbl is on
> machine running Vista Home Basic. I also have a machine with Vista Home
> Premium that works fine with the x1185. Waiting for your "got it fixed
> "post.
>
> John H.
>
> <maddog54...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1189050016.904411.15650@r34g2000hsd.googlegro ups.com...
>

> > On Aug 21, 8:50 pm, SHORTIE <SHOR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> I also have LexmarkALLinOnemodel 1290. I am having the same problem.
> >> I have also received several messages that new hardware has been found
> >> and
> >> wants to reinstall theLexmark.

> > Looks theres a LOT of us having the SAME problem, from the best I can
> > tell it is the SOFTWARE, when you install the software, mine always
> > gives me an error messgae about something stopping, and that windows
> > would let me know when there is a fix (YEAH RIGHT), I have tried
> > EVERYTHING to get this to work. I can PRINT thru windows, but you
> > can't scan or copy without the control center working, and it won't
> > work, keeps saying AOIC.exe stopped responding, cause it never fully
> > loaded from the stupid CD, Preparing to E-MailLexmark, and see If
> > they can tell me what to try next. If I get it fixed I will come back
> > and post the solution!!!! Thanks, Len P- Hide quoted text -

John,
You might be waiting a LONG time!! I tried for 12 HOURS yesterday,
to no avail, today I got online
with their online chat support, and he gave me the link to the
uninstall program (which I already had, and had tried, but I
downloaded
it again, just in case they changed it or something) and a link to the
install program, that he said had been "updated" since yesterday (YEAH
RIGHT)
The date on the file was April of this year, I had to laugh. Same
results as always , right after you run the install vista gives the
error message "Print status window interface has stopped working" Then
every time you try to open the All in one center you get the AIOC.exe
has stopped working error, guess I am going to send this back to wal-
mart, If they will take it. I ordered it online. The sad thing is,
when I upgraded to Vista, my 100.00+ Canon scanner was incompatible
(figgers huh?) so thats why I decided to buy the all in one, my old
lexmark printer (OVER 5 years old) worked GREAT in Vista, but I really
need a scanner. I really like Vista, but I also HATE it. I'm tempted
to go back to XP. Vista was released too soon in my opinion, and has
horrid support features, basically you have to post it, and other
people online help you If they can, I have yet to find a number to
call, and even If I found it, they would probably want so much a
minute for the support. I should have saved my 120.00. I gave up, If
anyone knows a fix, post it. Thanks all, Laterz, Len P

angel6278

RE: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.
i have an x1240 i am having the same problem if anyone finds any thing my
email is angel6278@hotmail.com

"samuel" wrote:

> hola, tengo el mismo problema, si tienes alguna solución, informame
> samuelpepi@hotmail.com; asi mismo comparto tu idea de la irresponsabilidad de
> lexkmark
>
> "Shaz42" wrote:
>
> > I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails
> > and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with
> > Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was.
> > I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used
> > the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is
> > a problem with the install, it continues to say on installing that the
> > 'interface has stopped working' then when i try to open the All in One
> > program a message comes up 'AIOC has stopped working'.
> > All i can do is print, not scan or copy, im at a loss with this, Lexmark
> > refuse to take responsibilty and Vista have no sloutions.
> > Why would Lexmark sell a product that clearly is not compatible?
> > Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?
> > Thanks

Glenda P

Re: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.

I have a new Vista Home Premium system and a new Lexmark x1270. When I could
not get the AIOC to work I went to the Lexmark website and downloaded the
Vista drivers found the information for the cleaner file and reinstalled the
software per their instructions, I tried three times, still can't get it to
work.
Lexmark seems to have heard of the problem repeatedly, has the files
available to get it to work right, but I can't seem to get it to work with
their instructions.
I will be watching the group to see if anyone finds a way this can be
resolved short of taking it back and exchanging it for one that will work. I
only wanted an inexpensive scan and print for home things and I have a hard
time believing they would put Vista compatible on there if it isn't, but
here we are, lol. OK I have vented, I hope there is a solution.
Glenda

"Glenda P" <glendanow2000(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Lexmark seems to have heard of the problem repeatedly, has the files
> available to get it to work right, but I can't seem to get it to work with
> their instructions.

What error message do you get? If it's Cant communicate with printer,
then Lexmark hasn't fixed it yet.

Tom Lake

Glenda P

Re: Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message.

> Lexmark seems to have heard of the problem repeatedly, has the files
> available to get it to work right, but I can't seem to get it to work with
> their instructions.

What error message do you get? If it's Cant communicate with printer,
then Lexmark hasn't fixed it yet.

Tom Lake
Hi Tom,
The knowledge base article was in reference to: Error Opening the All in
one Center
-- The printer would print but the scanner/copier could not be accessed
because the All in one center would not open. It wasn't specified if the
AIOC error was no communication with the printer.
The instructions for errors in opening the All in One Center were for
cleaning up the old software and Drivers and re-installing, which I never
could get to work.
I gave up on it, took it back and exchanged it for a HP Photosmart C 4280.
All-in-One
I was thrilled to have it print copy and scan and *work* before I even
installed the software and connected it to the PC. When I did install the
software and connect the cable everything worked the first time, no
problems.
I have to say that when I took it back, the experience had been so bad, I
could not bring myself to try another Lexmark, lol, even though I had been a
happy camper with them for years.
I love the HP and it was a small difference in price, about $20.00 more.
Well worth it!
Glenda
Picture Trail Bead Album
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=3660321