Error creating a fax using WFS on a remote fax server

Dave Griffiths

Error creating a fax using WFS on a remote fax server
Hi All

Vista Ultimate Windows 2003 Server.

We have a Windows 2003 Server with Fax installed and shared, this has
been working fine.

Yesterday after successfully sendind a fax on my Vista box I clicked on
NEW in WFS to create a new fax and the screen went milky white with the
image of WFS in the background, after a minute or two came up with the
message "Windows Fax and Scan has stopped working". This happens with
every click of NEW in WFS now.

If I open WFS on the Vista box I can see all sent faxes on the server
and have access to all folders.

If I print from MS Word to the fax server I get the NEW window open and
I can send the fax without error.

All Windows XP machines have not been effected by this the can open WFS
and click NEW and get the correct screens with out hangups.

Something broke yesterday in WFS on my Vista box but what.

Things I have tried.

1. Restarted the server & the Vista box
2. Uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled WFS on the Vista box
3. Switched off the firewall
4. Removed and recreated the fax account to the server.
5. Given me as the user full rights to the fax on the server

Any advice welcomed.
Thanks in advance

--
Dave Griffiths
Dave Griffiths

Re: Error creating a fax using WFS on a remote fax server
Update

Now I cannot even fax through MS Word..... Something is strange here.

--
Dave Griffiths