Fax and Scan fax archive move folder

Tergiver

Fax and Scan fax archive move folder
When I try to move the Fax archive folder to a networked computer, I get the
following error: "The folder specified does not exist. Since the folder
specified is located on a remote computer, create the folder manually and
assign it access permissions for the Fax Service. Press Help for more
information."

Pressing the Help button does nothing at all btw.

The client is running Vista Business. The remote computer is running Windows
2000 Server. The folder I tried to use (and it's parent folder) have granted
full access permission to Administrators (group), Administrator (user),
SYSTEM (user).

I created a user called "Fax Service" (no password, never changes) and added
that user to the folder permission, full access. That didn't work.
I added "Fax Service" user to Administrators group. That didn't work.
I added "Reservation" user (which belongs to Administrators group) to the
folder. Reservation is the user the client workstation logs into the server
with.

The server does have the fax service manager, Administrators group has full
access to that and I tried adding both the "Fax Service" and "Reservation"
users. That didn't work. (Though I didn't think the fax service on the server
would have anything to do with folder permissions..)

Note that this is a Workgroup, not a Domain. If that makes a difference.
There are three XP Home computers on the network that can't log into a domain.

How do I move the folder?

Why do I want to move the folder? One of the problems with Windows Fax and
Scan is it doesn't seem to allow me to create folders (in addition to the
Incomming, Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, and Sent Items folders) and I need to
archive (and organize) our incomming faxes. So I'm thinking I'll just use the
"Save as" (tif) and store them on the server. Works, but I have to navigate
to the server folder every time. I thought if I moved the store folder I
could at least skip the navigation step.

We previously used an old version of WinFax Pro which I can't get running on
Vista and was hoping not to have to purchase another fax program.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Fax and Scan fax archive move folder
AFAIK, this is not supported with WFS. WFS often loses track of your folders
even if you move them to a different location on the local hard drive.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]