Pdf files

janetkesson

Pdf files
I have a dell all in one... when I scan to pdf file I can not email the file
out because it is too big. I have tried winzip but it hardly decreases the
size of my file and I also broke it down to 3 parts and the file is still too
big. My files I need to send are normally 60-90 pages in size... what can I
do to be able to attach and email this file?
Malke

Re: Pdf files
janetkesson wrote:
> I have a dell all in one... when I scan to pdf file I can not email the file
> out because it is too big. I have tried winzip but it hardly decreases the
> size of my file and I also broke it down to 3 parts and the file is still too
> big. My files I need to send are normally 60-90 pages in size... what can I
> do to be able to attach and email this file?

Files in the .pdf format are always going to be huge, too huge for email
since most ISPs have a cap of about 1.5MB on attachments. If you
absolutely need to send these documents in that format, then you need to
find another way of transferring the files. You could put the files on
an ftp site accessible to your recipient(s) and that way they could
simply download the files. Or you could use a service like WhaleMail or
YouSendIt.

Since I don't know any of the details about what/why/to whom you are
sending 60-90 page documents, that's as specific as I can get.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Tom Ferguson

Re: Pdf files
You could split the file into smaller pieces using a file compressor with
that facility. Alternately, you can split the file with a special-purpose
splitter such as HJSplit. Each piece would have to be sent as an
attachment to a separate e-mail. That can be bothersome. Also, the
recipient has to join the pieces using the same program. The good news is
that the program is freeware.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"janetkesson" <janetkesson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a dell all in one... when I scan to pdf file I can not email the
>file
> out because it is too big. I have tried winzip but it hardly decreases
> the
> size of my file and I also broke it down to 3 parts and the file is
> still too
> big. My files I need to send are normally 60-90 pages in size... what
> can I
> do to be able to attach and email this file?

John Lee Brown

Re: Pdf files
Does the software that you use to scan into PDF format give you the option
to reduce quality. Many of the scan programs I have used do. If so you may
be able to shrink the file enough to send.