Printer setup with XP Pro and Vista

skip

Printer setup with XP Pro and Vista
Hi all,
I am not sure of which NG to go to and thought this would be the
closest to my situation.
I have a desktop running WIN XP Pro, 1 laptop with WIN XP Pro and 1
laptop with VISTA Home Premium.
I am running a Linksys 4 port/wireless router.
I have 2 HP Printers attached to the desktop. I want to be able to
print from my laptops(Wireless connection to router) to either
printer. I can remote desktop to the desktop from both laptops. The
desktop can see the printers that are listed on both laptops. I have
the C drive on all 3 computers set for sharing as well as the desktop
HP printer files set for printer file sharing.
However, when I go to either laptop and want to print, I can not see
the printers.
So the question is, how do I setup my system so the laptops can print?
The desktop is on all the time.

I am sure there is information that you may still need, please ask
away.

Thanks for the help.

Dan (Still going in circles)
Anil Ghatikar

Re: Printer setup with XP Pro and Vista
Vista has touble locating the network printers witch UAC ( user account
control activated)
MS has just released a patch. Try it if it helps

I hope you have correctely networked all computers and set user permissions
for everyone for the printer

Best Luck

Anil

"skip" <wi1202@dropthistoemailmecitlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am not sure of which NG to go to and thought this would be the
> closest to my situation.
> I have a desktop running WIN XP Pro, 1 laptop with WIN XP Pro and 1
> laptop with VISTA Home Premium.
> I am running a Linksys 4 port/wireless router.
> I have 2 HP Printers attached to the desktop. I want to be able to
> print from my laptops(Wireless connection to router) to either
> printer. I can remote desktop to the desktop from both laptops. The
> desktop can see the printers that are listed on both laptops. I have
> the C drive on all 3 computers set for sharing as well as the desktop
> HP printer files set for printer file sharing.
> However, when I go to either laptop and want to print, I can not see
> the printers.
> So the question is, how do I setup my system so the laptops can print?
> The desktop is on all the time.
>
> I am sure there is information that you may still need, please ask
> away.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Dan (Still going in circles)

skip

Re: Printer setup with XP Pro and Vista
Anil,
It looks as if I have already downloaded this patch. What I ended up
doing is to turn off all three firewalls, one on each computer, setup
the printer and then restarted the firewalls. It seems as if all are
working ok now.
Thanks for the help.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:49:44 +0100, "Anil Ghatikar"
<anil_ghatikar@msn.com> wrote:

>Vista has touble locating the network printers witch UAC ( user account
>control activated)
>MS has just released a patch. Try it if it helps
>
>I hope you have correctely networked all computers and set user permissions
>for everyone for the printer
>

>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
>Best Luck
>
>Anil
>
>"skip" <wi1202@dropthistoemailmecitlink.net> wrote in message
>news:6dpob3p6jjibacmigjit8e9ohfhnrh89rg@4ax.com.. .
>> Hi all,
>> I am not sure of which NG to go to and thought this would be the
>> closest to my situation.
>> I have a desktop running WIN XP Pro, 1 laptop with WIN XP Pro and 1
>> laptop with VISTA Home Premium.
>> I am running a Linksys 4 port/wireless router.
>> I have 2 HP Printers attached to the desktop. I want to be able to
>> print from my laptops(Wireless connection to router) to either
>> printer. I can remote desktop to the desktop from both laptops. The
>> desktop can see the printers that are listed on both laptops. I have
>> the C drive on all 3 computers set for sharing as well as the desktop
>> HP printer files set for printer file sharing.
>> However, when I go to either laptop and want to print, I can not see
>> the printers.
>> So the question is, how do I setup my system so the laptops can print?
>> The desktop is on all the time.
>>
>> I am sure there is information that you may still need, please ask
>> away.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Dan (Still going in circles)

Dan (Still going in circles)