(Vista) Windows Fax and Scan - Update in SP1????

Donald Mills

(Vista) Windows Fax and Scan - Update in SP1????
I've been a user of MS Fax since early days. Still have Windows Fax and Scan
(WFS) with Vista Ultimate. Sure, it's not flashy, but it works (has for me
anyway). My question is this: with the upcoming SP1 for Windows Vista, are
the shortcomings of WFS going to be addressed? In particular the inability
to access 'old' fax files after a reinstall of Vista and subsequent
reinstall of WFS? The problem has been that after reinstall of Vista, past
fax files (including XP as well as those generated under Vista) are not
accessible, usable, however you want to say it, in the 'current' install of
Vista (current being the last, most recent reinstall, whenever that was).

I've brought this issue up before several times. There was talk at one point
about a Power Toy to address this. To my knowledge there is no such Toy yet.

QUESTION: Is this being addressed in the upcoming SP1 for Vista? Maybe a
Power Toy? Not really nagging, but would like to be able to access old fax
files.

Thanks to Microsoft for a good OS in Vista. People gripe and moan, but I, my
company, family, and friends all love Vista!! I remember when Win2000, then
XP, came out. Same gripes. Hang in. There's always going to be those who
thrive on complaint. THANKS!!!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: (Vista) Windows Fax and Scan - Update in SP1????
We haven't heard yet which issues are going to be addressed. We only know
which issues we've submitted and remain hopeful.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]