print spooler

tamie

print spooler
error 1068, dependency services or group failed to start... unable to start
my print spooler... not sure how it was stopped... was having printer issues
and uninstalled my printer and tried reinstalling it and then this happened.
i can't add my printer cause of this print spooler issue.
how do i get it started again
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: print spooler
Happy Lexmark printer days (or Dell). Lexmark does have an uninstall
utility for almost all their models. If you download the utility for your
printer it will fix this.

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"tamie" <tamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> error 1068, dependency services or group failed to start... unable to
> start
> my print spooler... not sure how it was stopped... was having printer
> issues
> and uninstalled my printer and tried reinstalling it and then this
> happened.
> i can't add my printer cause of this print spooler issue.
> how do i get it started again

Gil K

RE: print spooler
I am having the same problem with a new computer running Vista on a home
network. The printer is connected to another computer running XP. Everything
was working fine until we had to replace one of the computers. Is the
referenced fix for XP only or does it also apply to Vista? And isn't there an
easier way to do it?

"tamie" wrote:

> error 1068, dependency services or group failed to start... unable to start
> my print spooler... not sure how it was stopped... was having printer issues
> and uninstalled my printer and tried reinstalling it and then this happened.
> i can't add my printer cause of this print spooler issue.
> how do i get it started again

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: print spooler
Yes and the easiest way to perform Lexmark printer cleanup is to download
the specific Lexmark uninstall utility for the printer model you have.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team