How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works

robz

How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works
I have Windows Vista Home Basic and a Hp PSC 1315 all in one printer. For
some reason I can scan a document but cannot import it into Works. I can
import a picture through the windows picture gallery, but not a document.
This means that I cannot import a document into Works and modify the
characters or make them darker. I can only treat it as a picture with Windows
picture gallery but the modifications I can achieve are of no use since there
is nothing one can do to the appearance of the text. What would you do?
Cal Bear '66

Re: How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works
A scanned document IS an image. If you want to edit and make changes to it you
will have to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert it to
an editable document.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"robz" <robz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista Home Basic and a Hp PSC 1315 all in one printer. For
> some reason I can scan a document but cannot import it into Works. I can
> import a picture through the windows picture gallery, but not a document.
> This means that I cannot import a document into Works and modify the
> characters or make them darker. I can only treat it as a picture with Windows
> picture gallery but the modifications I can achieve are of no use since there
> is nothing one can do to the appearance of the text. What would you do?

robz

Re: How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works
Thanks for answering. Do you have any suggestion for OCR software?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> A scanned document IS an image. If you want to edit and make changes to it you
> will have to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert it to
> an editable document.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "robz" <robz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows Vista Home Basic and a Hp PSC 1315 all in one printer. For
> > some reason I can scan a document but cannot import it into Works. I can
> > import a picture through the windows picture gallery, but not a document.
> > This means that I cannot import a document into Works and modify the
> > characters or make them darker. I can only treat it as a picture with Windows
> > picture gallery but the modifications I can achieve are of no use since there
> > is nothing one can do to the appearance of the text. What would you do?

Cal Bear '66

Re: How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works
I, personally, have not had to use any OCR software. So, no, I cannot recommend
any.

The only recommendation I can make is be sure it is Vista compatible, or get
positive recommendations for XP OCR from other Vista users.

Did the scanner come with any OCR Vista software? Or any downloadable Vista OCR
software from HP?

--

> Thanks for answering. Do you have any suggestion for OCR software?
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> A scanned document IS an image. If you want to edit and make changes to it
>> you
>> will have to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert it
>> an editable document.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "robz" <robz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Windows Vista Home Basic and a Hp PSC 1315 all in one printer. For
>> > some reason I can scan a document but cannot import it into Works. I can
>> > import a picture through the windows picture gallery, but not a document.
>> > This means that I cannot import a document into Works and modify the
>> > characters or make them darker. I can only treat it as a picture with
>> > Windows
>> > picture gallery but the modifications I can achieve are of no use since
>> > there
>> > is nothing one can do to the appearance of the text. What would you do?

robz

Re: How do I add a scanned document to microsoft works
No, I bought the printer-scanner-copier with my recently defunct Toshiba
laptop and although it only cost 100$ CN, it did the job. That computer came
with some HP software which I no longer have with the Acer laptop I now own.
That software was very user friendly, but is it Vista compatible? I don't
know. Anyway your answer put me on the right track. It was the first time I
posted a question in a discussion group and I now understand how helpful they
are.

Thanks,

P.S. We should ask all the members of your favorite football team to each
give Bill Gates a kick in the butt for the headaches he causes Vista users.