Re: Outlook Web Access Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Outlook Web Access Problem - PLEASE HELP!
(cross-post added to Exchange Clients, Vista Perf & Maint)
"Estee0" <Estee0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I connect to Microsoft Web Access (to view email from work), I can view
> emails when opening them, I can move them to folders, and I can delete them.
> However, if I compose a new email, or reply / forward an email, as soon as I
> click send, IE7 locks up and needs to restart. I get the below error.

Is "Microsoft Web Access" the same thing as Outlook Web Access (aka OWA)?
If so, you may get better assistance from a newsgroup which specializes
in Exchange (e.g. Exchange Clients). FWIW, my understanding is that you
need something enabled on the Exchange server before you can expect the
client to be fully functional.

Also, you haven't disclosed your OS but I'm guessing that it's some version
of Vista. The crash looks related to crashes in Module: unknown that IE
gets in other OS. In that case the usual suspicion is that the crash is due to
third-party interference in which case you should try running without add-ons.
However, I suspect that OWA requires some kind of ActiveX support which
would probably appear as a necessary add-on; so in that case your only
alternative would be to disable as many non-essential add-ons as possible
(e.g. using Tools, Manage Add-ons).

> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> P.S. If I use Firefox, I can compose email fine, but I want to use IE b/c
> Firefox doesn't let you file emails away.

AIUI Firefox doesn't support the use of ActiveX components
so the comparison would only be useful to prove connectivity
which is not the issue here. A more relevant statement would be
whether an otherwise identical browser (e.g. under same OS
and same level of maintenance) can use the site successfully.
E.g. that would at least be proof that the server supports your
browser.

> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
> Application Version: 7.0.6000.16473
> Application Timestamp: 46296d48
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13

I think that this is Vista's way of saying Module: unknown.
It would just be more useful than that description for identifying
duplicate instances of the same symptom, e.g. not the less
precise symptom description of having a crash at an address
which was not within a currently loaded module.

> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: ff1075ff

Negative offset?

> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

As a guess, try disabling all add-ons except ones which have Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation. Then see if your symptoms change. Again, realize
that may depend on whether your Exchange server supports your browser.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Estee0

Re: Outlook Web Access Problem - PLEASE HELP!
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tips. Yes, sorry I mean Outlook Web Access. I tried
disabling virtually all add-ons, but it didn't work Oh, I forgot to
mention that this worked fine at one point, then the next time I needed to
use my work email, I couldn't send an email!

Do you happen to know of any newsgroups like this for Exchange Clients like
you mentioned?

Thanks,
Steve