Task scheduler service disabled

Able

Task scheduler service disabled
I am trying to start the service 'Task Scheduler'. In the Computer
Management/services this service is 'disabled'. when I select 'properties'
all of the options on all of the tabs are greyed out and don't allow any
editing. All of the dependant services are running though. Can anyone help me
to change the status to 'auto' please?
Noel

Re: Task scheduler service disabled
Are you logged in as Administrator?

"Noel" wrote:

> Are you logged in as Administrator?
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:22:05 -0700, Able
> <Able@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to start the service 'Task Scheduler'. In the Computer
> >Management/services this service is 'disabled'. when I select 'properties'
> >all of the options on all of the tabs are greyed out and don't allow any
> >editing. All of the dependant services are running though. Can anyone help me
> >to change the status to 'auto' please?

Thanks for looking at this thread. Yes I'm logged in as an Admin. have tried
even logging in as Administrator!
DJ Krys

Re: Task scheduler service disabled
Hi

I am getting this problem also, the task scheduler service is disabled and
ALL options on ALL the tabs are greyed out so it cannot be started or any
other options set. When run the Task Schduler it says the "task scheduler
service is not running" this is also causing problems setting a system
restore point or viewing my event log, both of which crash saying the task
scheduler service is unavailable.

How do i get this service back running to be able to do anything.

I am logged on as Administrator in case anyone asks.
chazraven

RE: Task scheduler service disabled
I haven't seen any solutions. Did you ever resolve the problem? I am having
the same problem and I don't know what I should do next.
thx

"Able" wrote:

> I am trying to start the service 'Task Scheduler'. In the Computer
> Management/services this service is 'disabled'. when I select 'properties'
> all of the options on all of the tabs are greyed out and don't allow any
> editing. All of the dependant services are running though. Can anyone help me
> to change the status to 'auto' please?

Bob

Re: Task scheduler service disabled
See if this helps.
Start your PC in Safe Mode and try it enable TS from there.

"chazraven" <chazraven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I haven't seen any solutions. Did you ever resolve the problem? I am having
> the same problem and I don't know what I should do next.
> thx
>
> "Able" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to start the service 'Task Scheduler'. In the Computer
>> Management/services this service is 'disabled'. when I select
>> 'properties'
>> all of the options on all of the tabs are greyed out and don't allow any
>> editing. All of the dependant services are running though. Can anyone
>> help me
>> to change the status to 'auto' please?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Task scheduler service disabled
Task Scheduler service properties are grayed out | The Winhelponline.com Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ta...re-grayed-out/

--
Regards,

"Able" wrote:

> I am trying to start the service 'Task Scheduler'. In the Computer
> Management/services this service is 'disabled'. when I select 'properties'
> all of the options on all of the tabs are greyed out and don't allow any
> editing. All of the dependant services are running though. Can anyone help me
> to change the status to 'auto' please?

DJ Krys

Re: Task scheduler service disabled
Hi

Yes i did solve this problem, i had previously run AShampoo WinOptimizer and
for some reason, disabling Task Scheduler is a default option. They do
explain that if you don't need to schedule tasks, you don't need this program
but fail mention that disabling it also stops event viewer and other
important windows tasks from running so i didn't make the connection til much
later.

Krys