Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

Rilsr

Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF
When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
above. What can be done?
Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Rilsr" wrote:

> When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> above. What can be done?

I have the same problem with error 'Parameter incorrect (0x80070057)
Bob J

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF
This was found in previous post and apparently it workrd:

Try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder

Click Start, Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Stop.
Stopping the service will take a moment.

Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
%systemroot%, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.

Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Start.
Starting the service will take a moment.

You will lose you history but not important. Try WU again.
--
Regards
Bob J

"Rilsr" wrote:

> When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> above. What can be done?

Bob J

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF
Check out link below;
http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070057.html
--

"Rilsr" wrote:

> When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> above. What can be done?

Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Bob J" wrote:

> This was found in previous post and apparently it workrd:
>
> Try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder
>
> Click Start, Choose Run.
> In the Run box, type services.msc.
> Click OK.
> Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> Click Stop.
> Stopping the service will take a moment.
>
> Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
> %systemroot%, and then click OK.
> b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
> c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.
>
> Click Start. Choose Run.
> In the Run box, type services.msc.
> Click OK.
> Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> Click Start.
> Starting the service will take a moment.
>
> You will lose you history but not important. Try WU again.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Rilsr" wrote:
>
> > When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> > above. What can be done?

Bob, I am very new with Vista and when I click start I have no run to use.
How do I get 'RUN' to show?
Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Bronco" wrote:

> "Bob J" wrote:
>
> > This was found in previous post and apparently it workrd:
> >
> > Try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder
> >
> > Click Start, Choose Run.
> > In the Run box, type services.msc.
> > Click OK.
> > Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> > Click Stop.
> > Stopping the service will take a moment.
> >
> > Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
> > %systemroot%, and then click OK.
> > b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
> > c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.
> >
> > Click Start. Choose Run.
> > In the Run box, type services.msc.
> > Click OK.
> > Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> > Click Start.
> > Starting the service will take a moment.
> >
> > You will lose you history but not important. Try WU again.
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> > another source,post back & let us know.
> > Then we all benefit.
> >

> > "Rilsr" wrote:
> >
> > > When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> > > above. What can be done?

> Bob, I am very new with Vista and when I click start I have no run to use.
> How do I get 'RUN' to show?

I found 'RUN' it was in the Accesseries. Now it says I am denied access, the
rename is rejected.
Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Bob J" wrote:

> Check out link below;
> http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070057.html
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Rilsr" wrote:
>
> > When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> > above. What can be done?

That fix program seemed to be Windows XP. Is there a Vista Verson?
Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Bronco" wrote:

> "Bronco" wrote:
>

> > "Bob J" wrote:
> >
> > > This was found in previous post and apparently it workrd:
> > >
> > > Try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder
> > >
> > > Click Start, Choose Run.
> > > In the Run box, type services.msc.
> > > Click OK.
> > > Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> > > Click Stop.
> > > Stopping the service will take a moment.
> > >
> > > Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
> > > %systemroot%, and then click OK.
> > > b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
> > > c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.
> > >
> > > Click Start. Choose Run.
> > > In the Run box, type services.msc.
> > > Click OK.
> > > Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> > > Click Start.
> > > Starting the service will take a moment.
> > >
> > > You will lose you history but not important. Try WU again.
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Bob J
> > > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> > > another source,post back & let us know.
> > > Then we all benefit.

> > Bob, I am very new with Vista and when I click start I have no run to use.
> > How do I get 'RUN' to show?

> I found 'RUN' it was in the Accesseries. Now it says I am denied access, the
> rename is rejected. The user has administrator access.

Bob J

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF
Apologize for mistake,

Check link below, scroll down to error info, also Google search '0x80070057
vista " , there are links that will assist you

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/pag...-problems.aspx
The answer does not appear clear cut.
--

"Rilsr" wrote:

> When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> above. What can be done?

Bronco

RE: Cata. Failure Ox8000FFFF

"Bob J" wrote:

> Apologize for mistake,
>
> Check link below, scroll down to error info, also Google search '0x80070057
> vista " , there are links that will assist you
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/pag...-problems.aspx
> The answer does not appear clear cut.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Rilsr" wrote:
>
> > When trying to use backup on my Vista Insp. 531. I get the error message
> > above. What can be done?

The starting over and doing the full backup worked like a champ, Thanks.