Computer shuts down and blue screen appears

andy

Computer shuts down and blue screen appears
During the usage of the computer, sometimes I get a blue screen with a lot of
writing and before I can even figure out what it reads, it turn off the
computer and a black screen comes up and asks if I want to start the computer
"normally"..

I click "start normally" and then everything is back to normal...

WHY is this happening ? The computer is 7 mos old- Toshiba Satellite Notebook
A135-S4427

Any help will be appreciated....

Neil Harley

Re: Computer shuts down and blue screen appears
andy wrote:
> During the usage of the computer, sometimes I get a blue screen with a lot of
> writing and before I can even figure out what it reads, it turn off the
> computer and a black screen comes up and asks if I want to start the computer
> "normally"..
>
> I click "start normally" and then everything is back to normal...
>
> WHY is this happening ? The computer is 7 mos old- Toshiba Satellite Notebook
> A135-S4427
>
> Any help will be appreciated....

Check the Event Viewer for errors imediately before the BSOD. It could
be hardware based or a driver issue.
Rick Rogers

Re: Computer shuts down and blue screen appears
Hi Andy,

Help begins when we know what the error message is. Go to the control
panel/system and click on advanced system settings. On the advanced tab,
click startup and recovery settings. Undo (uncheck) the line that reboots
the system on failure, then apply/ok your way out. This will cause the
system to halt when the blue screen appears, giving you time to record the
details of the error message before restarting the system. Important are the
message itself, the error code (BCCode) and parameters, and any module
involved.

Also, in your response, include how long this has been happening and any
changes, additions, or alterations you may have made to the system prior to
this starting.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> During the usage of the computer, sometimes I get a blue screen with a lot
> of
> writing and before I can even figure out what it reads, it turn off the
> computer and a black screen comes up and asks if I want to start the
> computer
> "normally"..
>
> I click "start normally" and then everything is back to normal...
>
> WHY is this happening ? The computer is 7 mos old- Toshiba Satellite
> Notebook
> A135-S4427
>
> Any help will be appreciated....

andy

Re: Computer shuts down and blue screen appears
Which line reboots the system failure as that is NOT on my Vista...All the
choices I have are time to display operating system, time to display
revcovery actions when need...

In addition, I also have a choice under system failure to check "write an
even to the system log or automatically restart-- or overwrite an existing
file...

Changed the time to display recovery actions to 100 secs as it was set on 30
sec.
Is this correct?

Thanks

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Help begins when we know what the error message is. Go to the control
> panel/system and click on advanced system settings. On the advanced tab,
> click startup and recovery settings. Undo (uncheck) the line that reboots
> the system on failure, then apply/ok your way out. This will cause the
> system to halt when the blue screen appears, giving you time to record the
> details of the error message before restarting the system. Important are the
> message itself, the error code (BCCode) and parameters, and any module
> involved.
>
> Also, in your response, include how long this has been happening and any
> changes, additions, or alterations you may have made to the system prior to
> this starting.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > During the usage of the computer, sometimes I get a blue screen with a lot
> > of
> > writing and before I can even figure out what it reads, it turn off the
> > computer and a black screen comes up and asks if I want to start the
> > computer
> > "normally"..
> >
> > I click "start normally" and then everything is back to normal...
> >
> > WHY is this happening ? The computer is 7 mos old- Toshiba Satellite
> > Notebook
> > A135-S4427
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated....

Rick Rogers

Re: Computer shuts down and blue screen appears
Hi,

"automatically restart on system failure" is the line you need to uncheck.