what is going on

Lana

what is going on
Ok I have had this computer which came with Vista Home premium on it for
exacty 4 days. I am about at the end of my rope ready to scream. If I run the
system too long or download a few too many files.(trying to replace many I
lost ALL LEGAL) The system just starts acting up I will try to open windows
that will not open it will tell me a file is not found or program not able to
do the request or any range of things. Once I turn the computer off and
start it again I am fine. and can go do that exact same thing Tonight it
would not allow me to open a IE window kept asking if I wanted to delete the
darn shortcut?? WTF is going on??
Did MS put a Cap on the use of my computer or something?
Plus I can only run 2 downloads at a time??While that is likely a setting I
just have not found this other stuff is just NUTS

Neil Harley

Re: what is going on
Lana wrote:
> Ok I have had this computer which came with Vista Home premium on it for
> exacty 4 days. I am about at the end of my rope ready to scream. If I run the
> system too long or download a few too many files.(trying to replace many I
> lost ALL LEGAL) The system just starts acting up I will try to open windows
> that will not open it will tell me a file is not found or program not able to
> do the request or any range of things. Once I turn the computer off and
> start it again I am fine. and can go do that exact same thing Tonight it
> would not allow me to open a IE window kept asking if I wanted to delete the
> darn shortcut?? WTF is going on??
> Did MS put a Cap on the use of my computer or something?
> Plus I can only run 2 downloads at a time??While that is likely a setting I
> just have not found this other stuff is just NUTS

1. Take the PC back from where you got it.

2. IE has always had a 2 download limit -- which can be removed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282402
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: what is going on
"Did MS put a Cap..."
No, if anyone did the look to the computer manufacturer since
Microsoft never touched or even saw the computer.

Actually, there is something wrong.
The problem could be bad memory, bad hard drive or a corrupted Windows
installation.
It is also possibly a bad power supply.
You can do various diagnostics which may include reinstalling Windows
but if the computer is that new, take it back for the manufacturer to
deal with.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have had this computer which came with Vista Home premium on it
> for
> exacty 4 days. I am about at the end of my rope ready to scream. If
> I run the
> system too long or download a few too many files.(trying to replace
> many I
> lost ALL LEGAL) The system just starts acting up I will try to open
> windows
> that will not open it will tell me a file is not found or program
> not able to
> do the request or any range of things. Once I turn the computer off
> and
> start it again I am fine. and can go do that exact same thing
> Tonight it
> would not allow me to open a IE window kept asking if I wanted to
> delete the
> darn shortcut?? WTF is going on??
> Did MS put a Cap on the use of my computer or something?
> Plus I can only run 2 downloads at a time??While that is likely a
> setting I
> just have not found this other stuff is just NUTS

Lana

Re: what is going on
Thank you both. I am seriously thinking that this is my best option. I am
heartbroken I have never made such a large purchase but this is just not
worth the headache. I knew I should have stuck with Compaq. LOL DARN HP