Vista explorer bar

Jerry

Vista explorer bar
I have a Dell 530s running windows home premium. All has been working so
well I couldn't believe it. Then today when I signed on to my Yahoo
homepage and wanted to save a document I had downloaded I noticed that the
uppermost toolbar, the one with File, Edit, Tools, etc, just wasn't there.
When I went to tools it showed all the toolbars were there, including the
status bar and the explorer bar, but in fact the explorer is nowhere in
sight.

Any help or suggestions of how to restore it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jerry.nh@verizon.net

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista explorer bar
Hi,

First, right click the header. Is "menu bar" checked? If not, then click on
it to check it and have it reappear. Second, if it is checked, then I'd
suspect that it is underneath another one. Click on "lock the toolbars" if
it is checked and the drag things around a bit to uncover it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell 530s running windows home premium. All has been working so
>well I couldn't believe it. Then today when I signed on to my Yahoo
>homepage and wanted to save a document I had downloaded I noticed that the
>uppermost toolbar, the one with File, Edit, Tools, etc, just wasn't there.
>When I went to tools it showed all the toolbars were there, including the
>status bar and the explorer bar, but in fact the explorer is nowhere in
>sight.
>
> Any help or suggestions of how to restore it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jerry.nh@verizon.net

Jerry

Re: Vista explorer bar
Thanks for your reply. Menu bar IS checked. I did unlock the toolbar and
dragged everything I could around but still couldn't find it. I think I am
looking for the explorer bar. When I click on it in toolbars it opens
another small window that says 'discuss'. When I open that window nothing
happens. I'm sure somehow that is the problem and still don't know why I
can't view the explorer bar.

> Hi,
>
> First, right click the header. Is "menu bar" checked? If not, then click
> on it to check it and have it reappear. Second, if it is checked, then I'd
> suspect that it is underneath another one. Click on "lock the toolbars" if
> it is checked and the drag things around a bit to uncover it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Dell 530s running windows home premium. All has been working so
>>well I couldn't believe it. Then today when I signed on to my Yahoo
>>homepage and wanted to save a document I had downloaded I noticed that the
>>uppermost toolbar, the one with File, Edit, Tools, etc, just wasn't there.
>>When I went to tools it showed all the toolbars were there, including the
>>status bar and the explorer bar, but in fact the explorer is nowhere in
>>sight.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions of how to restore it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> jerry.nh@verizon.net

Jerry

Re: Vista explorer bar
Where do I find that?

> [...]

>> toolbars" if it is checked and the drag things around a bit to uncover
>> it.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a Dell 530s running windows home premium. All has been working
>>>so well I couldn't believe it. Then today when I signed on to my Yahoo
>>>homepage and wanted to save a document I had downloaded I noticed that
>>>the uppermost toolbar, the one with File, Edit, Tools, etc, just wasn't
>>>there. When I went to tools it showed all the toolbars were there,
>>>including the status bar and the explorer bar, but in fact the explorer
>>>is nowhere in sight.
>>>
>>> Any help or suggestions of how to restore it would be greatly

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista explorer bar
Hi,

It should be one of the buttons at top of Windows Explorer.

--

> Where do I find that?

>> Hi,
>>
>> How about Organize/Layout/MenuBar?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply. Menu bar IS checked. I did unlock the toolbar
>>> and dragged everything I could around but still couldn't find it. I
>>> think I am looking for the explorer bar. When I click on it in toolbars
>>> it opens another small window that says 'discuss'. When I open that
>>> window nothing happens. I'm sure somehow that is the problem and still
>>> don't know why I can't view the explorer bar.

Spirit

Re: Vista explorer bar
Click ALT and it should appear. To reset it start IE, hit ALT uncheck
VIEW - TOOLBARS - MENU

Close IE and reboot

"Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell 530s running windows home premium. All has been working so
>well I couldn't believe it. Then today when I signed on to my Yahoo
>homepage and wanted to save a document I had downloaded I noticed that the
>uppermost toolbar, the one with File, Edit, Tools, etc, just wasn't there.
>When I went to tools it showed all the toolbars were there, including the
>status bar and the explorer bar, but in fact the explorer is nowhere in
>sight.
>
> Any help or suggestions of how to restore it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jerry.nh@verizon.net

Jerry

Re: Vista explorer bar
Yes, thank you. Always show menus is checked and ok.

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Have you tried Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab, and checked
> Always show menus (second item down under Files and Folders at the top of
> the window)?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Talk about going in circles. My problem is I DON'T HAVE THE EXPLORER
>> BAR AT THE TOP, or anyplace else..
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It should be one of the buttons at top of Windows Explorer.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Jerry

Re: Vista explorer bar
Part of my problem is that don't have the file, edit or view anyplace in
sight. I also don't see organize,, views, etc. When I open the toolbars it
show Menu bar is checked, and when I go to explorer bar all I get is the
'discuss' option, and that doesn't do anything. I thought all of this was
what was on the explorer bar.

> Menu bar = File, Edit, View, Tools and Help
> Tool bar = Organize, Views, Slide Show and Burn
>
> What is the Explorer Bar?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Talk about going in circles. My problem is I DON'T HAVE THE EXPLORER
>> BAR AT THE TOP, or anyplace else..
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It should be one of the buttons at top of Windows Explorer.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org