Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?

daveg

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
Hello,

This one has me stumped, and I've been all over the net trying to track down
a solution. I sure hope someone here can help.

In Windows Vista Ultimate, I am getting a notice in my Performance section
that says "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" (audiodg.exe) is causing
Windows to start slowly.

It says it is taking...get this...37.4 seconds just to start this process.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Dave
Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
Updated audio adapter drivers?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"daveg" <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB6072B9-2C6D-4C4B-9F95-1CCC801DD6F4@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> This one has me stumped, and I've been all over the net trying to track down
> a solution. I sure hope someone here can help.
>
> In Windows Vista Ultimate, I am getting a notice in my Performance section
> that says "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" (audiodg.exe) is causing
> Windows to start slowly.
>
> It says it is taking...get this...37.4 seconds just to start this process.
> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

daveg

Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
Hmm...I've got the latest and greatest audio drivers...and this is a Windows
file anyway.....seems to be a Microsoft issue.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Updated audio adapter drivers?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "daveg" <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsB6072B9-2C6D-4C4B-9F95-1CCC801DD6F4@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > This one has me stumped, and I've been all over the net trying to track down
> > a solution. I sure hope someone here can help.
> >
> > In Windows Vista Ultimate, I am getting a notice in my Performance section
> > that says "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" (audiodg.exe) is causing
> > Windows to start slowly.
> >
> > It says it is taking...get this...37.4 seconds just to start this process.
> > Any ideas on how I can fix this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
What is your audio adapter?

This is the first time I have read in here of this particular problem.

It most likely is a DRIVER issue since the audio drivers would interact with
that "Windows file" and is not a "Microsoft issue".

--

> Hmm...I've got the latest and greatest audio drivers...and this is a Windows
> file anyway.....seems to be a Microsoft issue.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Updated audio adapter drivers?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "daveg" <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsB6072B9-2C6D-4C4B-9F95-1CCC801DD6F4@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > This one has me stumped, and I've been all over the net trying to track
>> > down
>> > a solution. I sure hope someone here can help.
>> >
>> > In Windows Vista Ultimate, I am getting a notice in my Performance section
>> > that says "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" (audiodg.exe) is causing
>> > Windows to start slowly.
>> >
>> > It says it is taking...get this...37.4 seconds just to start this process.
>> > Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dave

daveg

Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What is your audio adapter?
>
> This is the first time I have read in here of this particular problem.
>
> It most likely is a DRIVER issue since the audio drivers would interact with
> that "Windows file" and is not a "Microsoft issue".
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "daveg" <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hmm...I've got the latest and greatest audio drivers...and this is a Windows
> > file anyway.....seems to be a Microsoft issue.
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Updated audio adapter drivers?
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!
> >>

> >> "daveg" <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsB6072B9-2C6D-4C4B-9F95-1CCC801DD6F4@microsoft.com...

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
Hmmm, I've got an X-Fi too. But I do not have this problem.

I would suggest uninstalling your present X-Fi in Device Manager, being sure to
check the box to delete driver files, uninstalling the Creative Audio Console
in Control Panel > Programs and Features, rebooting and re-installing the latest
X-Fi drivers from Creative's site.