Blank screen for a bit after boot

machanic

Blank screen for a bit after boot
Hi,

Everytime I boot up my computer I get a minute delay before it gets onto the
logon screen. Straight after my boot screen has gone I get a blank screen for
a minute and then a glimpse of the Cursor and then the Startup sounds and
then I get to the logon screen.

I don't have nay Viruses or Spyware on my computer because I did a full csan
yesterday.

Please help because this vis very annoying when I need to copy some files.
Lord Takyon

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
"machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Everytime I boot up my computer I get a minute delay before it gets onto
> the
> logon screen. Straight after my boot screen has gone I get a blank screen
> for
> a minute and then a glimpse of the Cursor and then the Startup sounds and
> then I get to the logon screen.
>
> I don't have nay Viruses or Spyware on my computer because I did a full
> csan
> yesterday.
>
> Please help because this vis very annoying when I need to copy some files.

Mine is slow also, but not that badly. I do not think Vista is well known
for fast startup and shutdown, it seems to be fairly slow at both.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

G-Man

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
R U joined to a Domain?

G-man

"machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Everytime I boot up my computer I get a minute delay before it gets onto
> the
> logon screen. Straight after my boot screen has gone I get a blank screen
> for
> a minute and then a glimpse of the Cursor and then the Startup sounds and
> then I get to the logon screen.
>
> I don't have nay Viruses or Spyware on my computer because I did a full
> csan
> yesterday.
>
> Please help because this vis very annoying when I need to copy some files.

machanic

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
Nope just on Workgroup. I have also tried tunrning it on with wireless off

"G-Man" wrote:

> R U joined to a Domain?
>
> G-man
>
> "machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Everytime I boot up my computer I get a minute delay before it gets onto
> > the
> > logon screen. Straight after my boot screen has gone I get a blank screen
> > for
> > a minute and then a glimpse of the Cursor and then the Startup sounds and
> > then I get to the logon screen.
> >
> > I don't have nay Viruses or Spyware on my computer because I did a full
> > csan
> > yesterday.
> >
> > Please help because this vis very annoying when I need to copy some files.

G-Man

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
I was having a long wait when joined in AD because I had a DNS issue I
resolved. Now login is FAST!

G-Man

"machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBFF379E-E784-4F20-A6E8-A93D4B3D0F45@microsoft.com...
> Nope just on Workgroup. I have also tried tunrning it on with wireless off
>
> "G-Man" wrote:
>
>> R U joined to a Domain?
>>
>> G-man
>>
>> "machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Everytime I boot up my computer I get a minute delay before it gets
>> > onto
>> > the
>> > logon screen. Straight after my boot screen has gone I get a blank
>> > screen
>> > for
>> > a minute and then a glimpse of the Cursor and then the Startup sounds
>> > and
>> > then I get to the logon screen.
>> >
>> > I don't have nay Viruses or Spyware on my computer because I did a full
>> > csan
>> > yesterday.
>> >
>> > Please help because this vis very annoying when I need to copy some
>> > files.

machanic

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
So there is something wrong with my router then.

"G-Man" wrote:

> I was having a long wait when joined in AD because I had a DNS issue I
> resolved. Now login is FAST!
>
> G-Man
>
> "machanic" <machanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsBFF379E-E784-4F20-A6E8-A93D4B3D0F45@microsoft.com...
> > Nope just on Workgroup. I have also tried tunrning it on with wireless off
> >
> > "G-Man" wrote:
> >
> >> R U joined to a Domain?
> >>
> >> G-man

machanic

Re: Blank screen for a bit after boot
Hi,

After a bit of experimenting I found out it is something to do with
Superfetch.
With superfetch enabled the boot bar goes across 29 times without the blackj
screen
With superfetch disabled the boot bar goes across 6 times with black screen
for 2 mins.

It is something to do with superfetch the isnt it