Hibernate Troubles

Jon

Hibernate Troubles
I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable it.

Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor and
messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?
Lord Takyon

Re: Hibernate Troubles
"Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
> comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable it.
>
> Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor and
> messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?

Possibly driver related. Is everything up to date, it is a good first place
to start. Hibernate seems to be somewhat ropey atm, it does not work at all
for me, in the fact when I put my machine into hibernate it will not wake
up.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Jon

Re: Hibernate Troubles

Yes, sorry. Forgot to say that everything is up to date.

> Yes, sorry. Forgot to say that everything is up to date.
> "Lord Takyon" wrote:
>
>> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
>> > comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable
>> > it.
>> >
>> > Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor
>> > and
>> > messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?

>> Possibly driver related. Is everything up to date, it is a good first
>> place
>> to start. Hibernate seems to be somewhat ropey atm, it does not work at
>> all
>> for me, in the fact when I put my machine into hibernate it will not wake
>> up.
>>
>> --
>> Can't think of a sig at the moment.
>> Read this instead.

It may be a known problem. I never really looked into it as Sleep is what I
generally use.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

dean-dean

Re: Hibernate Troubles
Is your sound device a high definition audio one? If so, in Control Panel >
Windows Update, click on View Update History. Do you have KB937077
installed? If it is available as an update, when you click on Check for
Updates, install it.

"Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
> comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable it.
>
> Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor and
> messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?

WAGAPOO

Re: Hibernate Troubles
I have that update installed successfully, but the problem still happens.
When I do resume from Hibernate and click mute and unmute I can hear a
popping sound emanating from the speakers. That is the only response I get
from them unless I reboot the system. I did not think about disabling and
enabling the driver, before I read this.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Is your sound device a high definition audio one? If so, in Control Panel >
> Windows Update, click on View Update History. Do you have KB937077
> installed? If it is available as an update, when you click on Check for
> Updates, install it.
>
> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
> > comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable it.
> >
> > Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor and
> > messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Hibernate Troubles
What is your audio adapter?
What driver version are you using?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"WAGAPOO" <WAGAPOO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have that update installed successfully, but the problem still happens.
> When I do resume from Hibernate and click mute and unmute I can hear a
> popping sound emanating from the speakers. That is the only response I get
> from them unless I reboot the system. I did not think about disabling and
> enabling the driver, before I read this.
>
> Any further suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Is your sound device a high definition audio one? If so, in Control Panel >
>> Windows Update, click on View Update History. Do you have KB937077
>> installed? If it is available as an update, when you click on Check for
>> Updates, install it.
>>
>> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running windows vista. When my laptop goes into hibernate and then
>> > comes back out my sound stops working until I disable it an re-enable it.
>> >
>> > Also, I run dual monitors and it switches the side of the one monitor and
>> > messes up all my icons. Any suggestions?

WAGAPOO

Re: Hibernate Troubles
It says High Definition Audio Device, driver version: 6.0.6000.16386

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What is your audio adapter?
> What driver version are you using?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "WAGAPOO" <WAGAPOO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have that update installed successfully, but the problem still happens.
> > When I do resume from Hibernate and click mute and unmute I can hear a
> > popping sound emanating from the speakers. That is the only response I get
> > from them unless I reboot the system. I did not think about disabling and
> > enabling the driver, before I read this.
> >
> > Any further suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> Is your sound device a high definition audio one? If so, in Control Panel >
> >> Windows Update, click on View Update History. Do you have KB937077
> >> installed? If it is available as an update, when you click on Check for
> >> Updates, install it.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Hibernate Troubles
That is the generic Windows Vista HD audio driver and the source of your
problem. You must find out the actual manufacturer of your audio adapter and
download and install the latest Vista audio drivers.

Is it Realtek, Sigma Tel, etc.?

In Control Panel (Classic view) > Device Manager > expand Sound, video and game
controllers, right click on the HD audio entry and select Properties. On the
Details tab > Property drop down list > Manufacturer, is the manufacturer
listed?

Or go to your computer or motherboard manufacturer and see if you can determine
what the exact manufacturer of the audio adapter is. Also, consult any
documentation you have received.

If it is the Realtek High Definition Audio adapter, go here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

NOTE: You may have to run the driver install twice. Once to uninstall the
older driver. REBOOT. Again to install the updated drivers. REBOOT

--

> It says High Definition Audio Device, driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> What is your audio adapter?
>> What driver version are you using?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "WAGAPOO" <WAGAPOO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have that update installed successfully, but the problem still happens.
>> > When I do resume from Hibernate and click mute and unmute I can hear a
>> > popping sound emanating from the speakers. That is the only response I get
>> > from them unless I reboot the system. I did not think about disabling and
>> > enabling the driver, before I read this.
>> >
>> > Any further suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

dean-dean

Re: Hibernate Troubles
What is your computer make and model name|number?