slow pc

joannieandmike

slow pc
i have done a antivirus check on my pc and it found a virus and deleted it
but now i find my pc is running very slow please can anyone tell me why this
is happening
thanks
Tim

Re: slow pc
joannieandmike wrote:
> i have done a antivirus check on my pc and it found a virus and deleted it
> but now i find my pc is running very slow please can anyone tell me why this
> is happening
> thanks

Maybe you *believe* you eradicated the virus...there could still be some
remnants that only an OS re-load will fix. But it sure would help if you
would provide some helpful information like: PC specs (CPU, speed, RAM,
make, model, etc.) and the name of the virus you had/have and what you
did to remove it. And try to define "slow" (i.e. it used to take 30
seconds to boot but now it takes 30 minutes).

Tim
joannieandmike

Re: slow pc
thanks tim for your reply im no whiz kid on the pc so im sorry i cant help
you with some of the questions you have asked me, but the virus i had was
called "downloader obfuskated so how do i delete it all together to make my
pc run better than it is
thanks

"Tim" wrote:

> joannieandmike wrote:
> > i have done a antivirus check on my pc and it found a virus and deleted it
> > but now i find my pc is running very slow please can anyone tell me why this
> > is happening
> > thanks

> Maybe you *believe* you eradicated the virus...there could still be some
> remnants that only an OS re-load will fix. But it sure would help if you
> would provide some helpful information like: PC specs (CPU, speed, RAM,
> make, model, etc.) and the name of the virus you had/have and what you
> did to remove it. And try to define "slow" (i.e. it used to take 30
> seconds to boot but now it takes 30 minutes).
>
> Tim

Tim

Re: slow pc
joannieandmike wrote:
> thanks tim for your reply im no whiz kid on the pc so im sorry i cant help
> you with some of the questions you have asked me, but the virus i had was
> called "downloader obfuskated so how do i delete it all together to make my
> pc run better than it is
> thanks
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> joannieandmike wrote:
>>> i have done a antivirus check on my pc and it found a virus and deleted it
>>> but now i find my pc is running very slow please can anyone tell me why this
>>> is happening
>>> thanks

>> Maybe you *believe* you eradicated the virus...there could still be some
>> remnants that only an OS re-load will fix. But it sure would help if you
>> would provide some helpful information like: PC specs (CPU, speed, RAM,
>> make, model, etc.) and the name of the virus you had/have and what you
>> did to remove it. And try to define "slow" (i.e. it used to take 30
>> seconds to boot but now it takes 30 minutes).
>>
>> Tim

Well...OK, I understand, but if you can't answer the rest of the
questions above, I can't be much help...at least not until my crystal
ball comes back from the repair shop. You might want to seek out some
local help...someone who can be at your keyboard.

Good luck.