Error Code 8007312

Jon

Error Code 8007312
On 7/30/07 I asked a question that did not get answered 'disk managment
computer mangment'. Now I am getting error 8007312 and windows update will
not run.
I wrote on Monday
"Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service
diagnostic

I have a Vista Home Pre. Pc that had a sata data drive go bad so i removed
it and ordered a new hard drive. While I am waiting for the disk I need to
press F1 to by pass the disk during boot up. After Vista starts I see all my
other disk thruough windows explorer but if I check them through computer
mangment/disk managment I get Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service.

I do not know if Vista is damaged or I need to start a service or even the
bois F1 is effecting it but I thought I better ask. Is there something I need
to do to get disk managment working? Also can I run some type of diagnostic
that will tell me what else is wrong?

Thanks Jon"
Please point me in the right direction if you can not answer.
Thanks again Jon
Steve Pearce

Re: Error Code 8007312
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:14:00 -0700, Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>On 7/30/07 I asked a question that did not get answered 'disk managment
>computer mangment'. Now I am getting error 8007312 and windows update will
>not run.

I think there is missing digit in the error code, they are usually 8
digits long.
Jon

Re: Error Code 8007312
Sorry it is 80073712

"Steve Pearce" wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:14:00 -0700, Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 7/30/07 I asked a question that did not get answered 'disk managment
> >computer mangment'. Now I am getting error 8007312 and windows update will
> >not run.

> I think there is missing digit in the error code, they are usually 8
> digits long.

Jon

Re: Error Code 8007312
I just tried sfc /scannpw as and admin and it only got to 7% and gave the
message
'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation'
Should I do a full repair?
Please Help Jon

"Steve Pearce" wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:14:00 -0700, Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 7/30/07 I asked a question that did not get answered 'disk managment
> >computer mangment'. Now I am getting error 8007312 and windows update will
> >not run.

> I think there is missing digit in the error code, they are usually 8
> digits long.

dean-dean

Re: Error Code 8007312
Given that the System File Checker found errors
that it couldn't repair, a re-install of Vista may not be such a bad thing,
in the long run.

You can re-install Vista, using the Upgrade option.
This will maintain your user settings and programs. See
"Upgrade procedure" in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884

Insert and start the DVD from Your Desktop (don't boot the DVD), that is,
when you are Logged On to Windows.
When confronted with the "press any key.." prompt, after the computer
restarts, don't press any key, and Setup will continue...

"Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8BB7EBF-C479-4810-8856-B271C525623E@microsoft.com...
>I just tried sfc /scannpw as and admin and it only got to 7% and gave the
> message
> 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation'
> Should I do a full repair?
> Please Help Jon
>
> "Steve Pearce" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:14:00 -0700, Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On 7/30/07 I asked a question that did not get answered 'disk managment
>> >computer mangment'. Now I am getting error 8007312 and windows update
>> >will
>> >not run.

>> I think there is missing digit in the error code, they are usually 8
>> digits long.

Jon

Re: Error Code 8007312
I will try

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Given that the System File Checker found errors
> that it couldn't repair, a re-install of Vista may not be such a bad thing,
> in the long run.
>
> You can re-install Vista, using the Upgrade option.
> This will maintain your user settings and programs. See
> "Upgrade procedure" in this article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884
>
> Insert and start the DVD from Your Desktop (don't boot the DVD), that is,
> when you are Logged On to Windows.
> When confronted with the "press any key.." prompt, after the computer
> restarts, don't press any key, and Setup will continue...
>
> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8BB7EBF-C479-4810-8856-B271C525623E@microsoft.com...
> >I just tried sfc /scannpw as and admin and it only got to 7% and gave the
> > message
> > 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation'
> > Should I do a full repair?
> > Please Help Jon
> >
> > "Steve Pearce" wrote:

> >> I think there is missing digit in the error code, they are usually 8
> >> digits long.

dean-dean

Re: Error Code 8007312
Well, the fact that the System File Checker ground to a halt after such a
short time, indicates, to me at least, more problems down the road.

You could try the fix for Windows Update, offered here:

If that fixes Windows Update, then try the sfc /scannow command again (Run
as Administrator)....

>I will try
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Given that the System File Checker found errors
>> that it couldn't repair, a re-install of Vista may not be such a bad
>> thing,
>> in the long run.
>>
>> You can re-install Vista, using the Upgrade option.
>> This will maintain your user settings and programs. See
>> "Upgrade procedure" in this article:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884
>>
>> Insert and start the DVD from Your Desktop (don't boot the DVD), that
>> is,
>> when you are Logged On to Windows.
>> When confronted with the "press any key.." prompt, after the computer
>> restarts, don't press any key, and Setup will continue...
>>
>> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news8BB7EBF-C479-4810-8856-B271C525623E@microsoft.com...
>> >I just tried sfc /scannpw as and admin and it only got to 7% and gave
>> >the
>> > message
>> > 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation'
>> > Should I do a full repair?
>> > Please Help Jon

Jon

Re: Error Code 8007312
I did the reinstall "upgrade" and the Windows update works and disk manger.
The only thing wrong is my sound is off, which was not a problem before.
Device manger see my sigma sound but the sound link say No devices available.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it did nothing in device mgr also
tried to updating the driver. Any ideas?

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Well, the fact that the System File Checker ground to a halt after such a
> short time, indicates, to me at least, more problems down the road.
>
> You could try the fix for Windows Update, offered here:
>
> If that fixes Windows Update, then try the sfc /scannow command again (Run
> as Administrator)....
>
> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I will try
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> Given that the System File Checker found errors
> >> that it couldn't repair, a re-install of Vista may not be such a bad
> >> thing,
> >> in the long run.
> >>
> >> You can re-install Vista, using the Upgrade option.
> >> This will maintain your user settings and programs. See
> >> "Upgrade procedure" in this article:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884
> >>
> >> Insert and start the DVD from Your Desktop (don't boot the DVD), that
> >> is,
> >> when you are Logged On to Windows.
> >> When confronted with the "press any key.." prompt, after the computer
> >> restarts, don't press any key, and Setup will continue...
> >>
> >> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news8BB7EBF-C479-4810-8856-B271C525623E@microsoft.com...

dean-dean

Re: Error Code 8007312
Well, it seems as if it's not one thing, then it's another. Bummer. Try
this first. Right-click the Volume icon, and choose Playback Devices. On
the Playback tab of Sound, right-click an empty spot of the window, and put
a checkmark next to "Show Disabled Devices" and
"Show Disconnected Devices". From there, if Speakers shows up, right-click
the Speakers icon to enable.

Then Double-click the Speakers icon. On the Enhancements tab, put a check
next to "Disable all sound effects", then click Apply. On the Advanced tab,
click on Restore Defaults, and make sure both check-boxes, under Exclusive
Mode, do have a check mark. (Apply, OK).

If none of that pans out, or there is no Sound control panel at all, post
back your Computer make and model names, and the name of your sound device
in Device Manager, along with the version number of the driver.

>I did the reinstall "upgrade" and the Windows update works and disk manger.
> The only thing wrong is my sound is off, which was not a problem before.
> Device manger see my sigma sound but the sound link say No devices
> available.
> I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it did nothing in device mgr also
> tried to updating the driver. Any ideas?
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Well, the fact that the System File Checker ground to a halt after such a
>> short time, indicates, to me at least, more problems down the road.
>>
>> You could try the fix for Windows Update, offered here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931712
>>
>> If that fixes Windows Update, then try the sfc /scannow command again
>> (Run
>> as Administrator)....
>>
>> "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I will try

Jon

Re: Error Code 8007312
I had to unisatall advanced the driver and I installed leastest one and work.
Thanks