Taskbar stopped auto-hiding

Tobin

Taskbar stopped auto-hiding
Occasionally, my taskbar will stop auto-hiding. The only thing that seems to
fix it for a while is rebooting. I tried turning auto-hide off then on but
it only hides until I bring it back, then it stays. I can't find any pattern
to why it stops hiding. Any help?
Sangoma

RE: Taskbar stopped auto-hiding
Sorry - no answer, but mine too! This is only a recent development. Others
suggest recent software, but all I have installed recently is OneCare, or
perhaps an update from MS.

Rather annoying!
--
Sangoma

"Tobin" wrote:

> Occasionally, my taskbar will stop auto-hiding. The only thing that seems to
> fix it for a while is rebooting. I tried turning auto-hide off then on but
> it only hides until I bring it back, then it stays. I can't find any pattern
> to why it stops hiding. Any help?

George3

RE: Taskbar stopped auto-hiding
Mine has started doing exactly the same thing. It is rather annoying. I
cannot figure out how to get the silly thing to auto-hide again. I have tried
using the taskbar properties menu and turning off auto-hid, selecting apply,
then turning back on auto-hide and selecting apply. Nothing works. It has
only started recently.

"Sangoma" wrote:

> Sorry - no answer, but mine too! This is only a recent development. Others
> suggest recent software, but all I have installed recently is OneCare, or
> perhaps an update from MS.
>
> Rather annoying!
> --
> Sangoma
>

> "Tobin" wrote:
>
> > Occasionally, my taskbar will stop auto-hiding. The only thing that seems to
> > fix it for a while is rebooting. I tried turning auto-hide off then on but
> > it only hides until I bring it back, then it stays. I can't find any pattern
> > to why it stops hiding. Any help?

acra24

RE: Taskbar stopped auto-hiding
This happened in XP too. Exactly the same problem.