Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)

Juan

Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
As I can install Windows Installer again in Windows Vista, that is to say,
version 4.0? Of where I can download setup of w.installer?

Thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
Hi Juan,

A) You can't download it, at least not yet.

B) Even if you could, I doubt that you could install it to Vista as it is
already a system component.

What issue are you encountering with it that you believe reinstalling would
solve?
Have you run the system file checker yet to check for integrity?
Tried the installer cleanup utility?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Juan" <jpavellanal@gmail.com> wrote in message
newsB653CD8-3369-4082-8F12-9E9EEC4FCC38@microsoft.com...
> As I can install Windows Installer again in Windows Vista, that is to say,
> version 4.0? Of where I can download setup of w.installer?
>
> Thanks

Juan

Re: Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
I don't nock how executing the utility of cleaning of the installer. My
problems are that I cannot install nothing in Windows Vista (office, designe
software, etc)because the system does not find the access route to the
Windows installer. I already did of everything and not like solving it. I
think that reinstalling the aplication can to be solved.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
> Hi Juan,
>
> A) You can't download it, at least not yet.
>
> B) Even if you could, I doubt that you could install it to Vista as it is
> already a system component.
>
> What issue are you encountering with it that you believe reinstalling
> would solve?
> Have you run the system file checker yet to check for integrity?
> Tried the installer cleanup utility?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Juan" <jpavellanal@gmail.com> wrote in message
> newsB653CD8-3369-4082-8F12-9E9EEC4FCC38@microsoft.com...
>> As I can install Windows Installer again in Windows Vista, that is to
>> say, version 4.0? Of where I can download setup of w.installer?
>>
>> Thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
Hi Juan,

Run regedit from the start box, go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer

What is the value for the Installer location and msiexecca32 strings?

--

>I don't nock how executing the utility of cleaning of the installer. My
>problems are that I cannot install nothing in Windows Vista (office,
>designe software, etc)because the system does not find the access route to
>the Windows installer. I already did of everything and not like solving it.
>I think that reinstalling the aplication can to be solved.
>

> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
>> Hi Juan,
>>
>> A) You can't download it, at least not yet.
>>
>> B) Even if you could, I doubt that you could install it to Vista as it is
>> already a system component.
>>
>> What issue are you encountering with it that you believe reinstalling
>> would solve?
>> Have you run the system file checker yet to check for integrity?
>> Tried the installer cleanup utility?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Juan" <jpavellanal@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> newsB653CD8-3369-4082-8F12-9E9EEC4FCC38@microsoft.com...
>>> As I can install Windows Installer again in Windows Vista, that is to
>>> say, version 4.0? Of where I can download setup of w.installer?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Juan

Re: Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
the value for the location of the installer is C:\Windows\System32 and the
sequences for msiexecca32 I do not know them. He appears nothing there and
not of where to remove it. Help me in which you can please. Thanks

> Hi Juan,
>
> Run regedit from the start box, go to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer
>
> What is the value for the Installer location and msiexecca32 strings?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Juan" <jpavellanal@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I don't nock how executing the utility of cleaning of the installer. My
>>problems are that I cannot install nothing in Windows Vista (office,
>>designe software, etc)because the system does not find the access route to
>>the Windows installer. I already did of everything and not like solving
>>it. I think that reinstalling the aplication can to be solved.
>>

>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
>>> Hi Juan,
>>>
>>> A) You can't download it, at least not yet.
>>>
>>> B) Even if you could, I doubt that you could install it to Vista as it
>>> is already a system component.
>>>
>>> What issue are you encountering with it that you believe reinstalling
>>> would solve?
>>> Have you run the system file checker yet to check for integrity?
>>> Tried the installer cleanup utility?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> "Juan" <jpavellanal@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> newsB653CD8-3369-4082-8F12-9E9EEC4FCC38@microsoft.com...

Rick Rogers

Re: Download Windows Instaleller 4 (???)
Hi,

Click start, type msiexec and wait until the entry shows in the start menu.
Then right click it and choose 'open file location'. What folder opens
(check the address bar)?