Windows Explorer Crashes on Vista

annasneh@googlemail.com

Windows Explorer Crashes on Vista

Each time i right click on any folder,try to copy data from any
folder on my notepad windows explorer crashes and it throws up the
error message windows explorer not working and then it restarts.This
has totally handicapped me and Im unable to do anything. My notepad is
2 months old and I had faced this isue earlier and the system was
formatted.This error has now come again from last evening and I have
no clue as to what the reason maybe.Can anyone help me out here please?

James Truelove

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes on Vista
<annasneh@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1185389207.132028.298120@z24g2000prh.googlegr oups.com...

> Each time i right click on any folder,try to copy data from any
> folder on my notepad windows explorer crashes and it throws up the
> error message windows explorer not working and then it restarts.This
> has totally handicapped me and Im unable to do anything. My notepad is
> 2 months old and I had faced this isue earlier and the system was
> formatted.This error has now come again from last evening and I have
> no clue as to what the reason maybe.Can anyone help me out here please?

worth a look
http://xman892.blogspot.com/2007/02/...-on-vista.html

annasneh@googlemail.com

On Jul 26, 12:36 am, "James Truelove" <james.truel...@sky.com> wrote:
> <annas...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1185389207.132028.298120@z24g2000prh.googlegr oups.com...
>

> > Each time i right click on any folder,try to copy data from any
> > folder on my notepad windows explorer crashes and it throws up the
> > error message windows explorer not working and then it restarts.This
> > has totally handicapped me and Im unable to do anything. My notepad is
> > 2 months old and I had faced this isue earlier and the system was
> > formatted.This error has now come again from last evening and I have
> > no clue as to what the reason maybe.Can anyone help me out here please?

> worth a lookhttp://xman892.blogspot.com/2007/02/resolved-explorer-crash-on-vista....

yup...I had a look at it,but I have'nt installed anything lately at
all..it looks like each time this problem occurs I will have to format
my PC all over again which is ridiculousfeel like such a loser in
picking a Vista loaded PC...Read more than enough window explorer
crashing issues due to bugs in Vista...and the solution everywhere
seems to be to install the OS again...

Mason

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes on Vista
There is a peice of spyware that will cause windows explorer to crash.

It is called windows safety alert or windows security alerts and beside it
in the publisher/manufacturer column it wil be blank. Remove that, and
usually there is another program called spylocked that it comes with that
needs to be removed as well. There isn't an unistall feature for it so you
will have to search for a program that can remove it.

If it isn't there, I'll have to rethink, but most often that is the case.

Does explorer crash in an endless loop? Meaning that as soon as it comes
back up, it crashes again not allowing you to do anything, or only when you
right click? I know for a fact if it is doing what I first said, that is the
culprit.

Let me know and I can tell you how to get into the control panel so that
windows explorer won't close it everytime it crashes.

"annasneh@googlemail.com" wrote:

> On Jul 26, 12:36 am, "James Truelove" <james.truel...@sky.com> wrote:
> > <annas...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:1185389207.132028.298120@z24g2000prh.googlegr oups.com...
> >

> > > Each time i right click on any folder,try to copy data from any
> > > folder on my notepad windows explorer crashes and it throws up the
> > > error message windows explorer not working and then it restarts.This
> > > has totally handicapped me and Im unable to do anything. My notepad is
> > > 2 months old and I had faced this isue earlier and the system was
> > > formatted.This error has now come again from last evening and I have
> > > no clue as to what the reason maybe.Can anyone help me out here please?

> > worth a lookhttp://xman892.blogspot.com/2007/02/resolved-explorer-crash-on-vista....

> yup...I had a look at it,but I have'nt installed anything lately at
> all..it looks like each time this problem occurs I will have to format
> my PC all over again which is ridiculousfeel like such a loser in
> picking a Vista loaded PC...Read more than enough window explorer
> crashing issues due to bugs in Vista...and the solution everywhere
> seems to be to install the OS again...

usasma

RE: Windows Explorer Crashes on Vista
Check Device Manager to see if all your devices have appropriate drivers
installed (go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and
press Enter.

- John

On Jul 26, 11:24 am, Mason <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> There is a peice of spyware that will cause windows explorer to crash.
>
> It is called windows safety alert or windows security alerts and beside it
> in the publisher/manufacturer column it wil be blank. Remove that, and
> usually there is another program called spylocked that it comes with that
> needs to be removed as well. There isn't an unistall feature for it so you
> will have to search for a program that can remove it.
>
> If it isn't there, I'll have to rethink, but most often that is the case.
>
> Does explorer crash in an endless loop? Meaning that as soon as it comes
> back up, it crashes again not allowing you to do anything, or only when you
> right click? I know for a fact if it is doing what I first said, that is the
> culprit.
>
> Let me know and I can tell you how to get into the control panel so that
> windows explorer won't close it everytime it crashes.
>

> "annas...@googlemail.com" wrote:
> > On Jul 26, 12:36 am, "James Truelove" <james.truel...@sky.com> wrote:
> > > <annas...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > >news:1185389207.132028.298120@z24g2000prh.googleg roups.com...

> > > worth a lookhttp://xman892.blogspot.com/2007/02/resolved-explorer-crash-on-vista....

> > yup...I had a look at it,but I have'nt installed anything lately at
> > all..it looks like each time this problem occurs I will have to format
> > my PC all over again which is ridiculousfeel like such a loser in
> > picking a Vista loaded PC...Read more than enough window explorer
> > crashing issues due to bugs in Vista...and the solution everywhere
> > seems to be to install the OS again...- Hide quoted text -

I tried to locate the spyware and came across the the windows firewall
and advance security option and like you said there is no feaure to
unistall,the list of applications were listed against microsoft and
hence no ways to uninstall
I face the problem of windows explorer crashing only when i right
click or try to copy,cut(etc)....data from one folder to another and
not in an endless loop but needless to say this has disabled my work.

annasneh@googlemail.com

On Jul 26, 6:54 pm, usasma <usa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Check Device Manager to see if all your devices have appropriate drivers
> installed (go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and
> press Enter.
>
> - John
>

> "annas...@googlemail.com" wrote:
>
> > Each time i right click on any folder,try to copy data from any
> > folder on my notepad windows explorer crashes and it throws up the
> > error message windows explorer not working and then it restarts.This
> > has totally handicapped me and Im unable to do anything. My notepad is
> > 2 months old and I had faced this isue earlier and the system was
> > formatted.This error has now come again from last evening and I have
> > no clue as to what the reason maybe.Can anyone help me out here please?- Hide quoted text -

Yes I've checked the Device manager too and everything seems to be
fine.