Aero Stopped Working

Zylstra

Aero Stopped Working
I have a Dell E1505 Laptop with a 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 (Which, since
its using the Turbo Cache, really has 357MB RAM)
The computer itself has 1GB RAM, and a 1.73GHz DuoCore processor

Just yesterday, Aero was working fine. Today, it has stopped working. Its no
longer showing up. (No glass, no card flip, etc... all the eye-candy is gone)

The most recent modification I made was a change to the registry, I revered
this change, and it did not solve anything. (I made it so that all the Vista
code was loaded into the RAM at the computers start, so it would run faster)

Well, anyways, I just cant get it to work
I do have my knowledge on Computers... so don't worry about having to give a
whole bunch of steps

Thanks in advanced,
Zylstra from ComputerHope Forums
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Aero Stopped Working
Hello,

what if you try turning it on again by Right-clicking Desktop ->
Personalize -> Window color and appearance -> Open classic appearance
properties for more color options -> Windows Aero -> back again to Window
color and appearance -> Enable transparency -> OK ?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Zylstra" <Zylstra@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a Dell E1505 Laptop with a 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 (Which,
>since
> its using the Turbo Cache, really has 357MB RAM)
> The computer itself has 1GB RAM, and a 1.73GHz DuoCore processor
>
> Just yesterday, Aero was working fine. Today, it has stopped working. Its
> no
> longer showing up. (No glass, no card flip, etc... all the eye-candy is
> gone)
>
> The most recent modification I made was a change to the registry, I
> revered
> this change, and it did not solve anything. (I made it so that all the
> Vista
> code was loaded into the RAM at the computers start, so it would run
> faster)
>
> Well, anyways, I just cant get it to work
> I do have my knowledge on Computers... so don't worry about having to give
> whole bunch of steps
>
> Thanks in advanced,
> Zylstra from ComputerHope Forums

Zylstra

Re: Aero Stopped Working
Thank you for your response.

The Windows Aero theme is not showing up in the "Windows Color and
Appearance" menu.

"Open classic appearance
> properties for more color options"

I do not see any way to do this

These are the options available to me:
Windows Vista Basic
Windows Standard
Windows Classic
High Contrast White
High Contrast Black
High Contrast 1
High Contrast 2

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what if you try turning it on again by Right-clicking Desktop ->
> Personalize -> Window color and appearance -> Open classic appearance
> properties for more color options -> Windows Aero -> back again to Window
> color and appearance -> Enable transparency -> OK ?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Zylstra" <Zylstra@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I have a Dell E1505 Laptop with a 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 (Which,
> >since
> > its using the Turbo Cache, really has 357MB RAM)
> > The computer itself has 1GB RAM, and a 1.73GHz DuoCore processor
> >
> > Just yesterday, Aero was working fine. Today, it has stopped working. Its
> > no
> > longer showing up. (No glass, no card flip, etc... all the eye-candy is
> > gone)
> >
> > The most recent modification I made was a change to the registry, I
> > revered
> > this change, and it did not solve anything. (I made it so that all the
> > Vista
> > code was loaded into the RAM at the computers start, so it would run
> > faster)
> >
> > Well, anyways, I just cant get it to work
> > I do have my knowledge on Computers... so don't worry about having to give
> > whole bunch of steps
> >
> > Thanks in advanced,
> > Zylstra from ComputerHope Forums

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Aero Stopped Working
Hello,

you could try a graphics card driver update. This is always a good idea, and
maybe it can resolve your issue:
I'm sorry that I can't provide another solution now. I'll let you know if I
find out a little more about this.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you for your response.
>
> The Windows Aero theme is not showing up in the "Windows Color and
> Appearance" menu.
>
> "Open classic appearance
>> properties for more color options"

> I do not see any way to do this
>
> These are the options available to me:
> Windows Vista Basic
> Windows Standard
> Windows Classic
> High Contrast White
> High Contrast Black
> High Contrast 1
> High Contrast 2
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what if you try turning it on again by Right-clicking Desktop ->
>> Personalize -> Window color and appearance -> Open classic appearance
>> properties for more color options -> Windows Aero -> back again to Window
>> color and appearance -> Enable transparency -> OK ?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>>
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Zylstra" <Zylstra@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I have a Dell E1505 Laptop with a 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 (Which,
>> >since
>> > its using the Turbo Cache, really has 357MB RAM)
>> > The computer itself has 1GB RAM, and a 1.73GHz DuoCore processor
>> >
>> > Just yesterday, Aero was working fine. Today, it has stopped working.
>> > Its
>> > no
>> > longer showing up. (No glass, no card flip, etc... all the eye-candy is
>> > gone)
>> >
>> > The most recent modification I made was a change to the registry, I
>> > revered
>> > this change, and it did not solve anything. (I made it so that all the
>> > Vista
>> > code was loaded into the RAM at the computers start, so it would run
>> > faster)
>> >
>> > Well, anyways, I just cant get it to work
>> > I do have my knowledge on Computers... so don't worry about having to
>> > give
>> > whole bunch of steps
>> >
>> > Thanks in advanced,
>> > Zylstra from ComputerHope Forums

Zylstra

Re: Aero Stopped Working
I dont know how, but I fixed it!!! *Grin*

I just sat and messed around with my nVidia settings, and then ran my
expirenece index check again.

I noticed that, while I was playing the Sims 2, I was unable to adjust my
edge smoothness... so I figured it had to be that I did something wrong the
last time I configured the nVidia controls. Well, after messing around again,
and then running the expirenece index, it seemed to start working again...
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Aero Stopped Working
Great! Messing around is sometimes a good idea

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I dont know how, but I fixed it!!! *Grin*
>
> I just sat and messed around with my nVidia settings, and then ran my
> expirenece index check again.
>
> I noticed that, while I was playing the Sims 2, I was unable to adjust my
> edge smoothness... so I figured it had to be that I did something wrong
> the
> last time I configured the nVidia controls. Well, after messing around
> again,
> and then running the expirenece index, it seemed to start working again...

Nicolai

Re: Aero Stopped Working
I see the same things here - almost.

For some reason I don't have the Aero effect when I press Alt+Tab anylonger.

It used to show the same kind of screen as when you mouse over programs at
the taskbar.

I have Aero everywhere else - just not when Alt+Tabbing. Pressing Win+Tab
gives me the realtime application rainbow shuffle thing... and zooming to
restore and maximize still works.

Any hints?

- Nicolai