Error code 643

Bruce UK

Error code 643
I have received this error code when trying to install Security Update for
Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service pack 1 (KB929729) on a Vista
Home premium machine, does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Bruce.

farbuncle

RE: Error code 643

I also have this problem as does thousands of others. Its all over the
internet. The only thing missing is a MS expert with the answer. Bill is due
back in a week or so.

"Bruce UK" wrote:

> I have received this error code when trying to install Security Update for
> Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service pack 1 (KB929729) on a Vista
> Home premium machine, does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bruce.

epauley

RE: Error code 643
I too am getting code 643 error message. I attempted the suggested fix -
linked to the code 643 message in windows update but it didn't work.

"farbuncle" wrote:

> I also have this problem as does thousands of others. Its all over the
> internet. The only thing missing is a MS expert with the answer. Bill is due
> back in a week or so.
>
> "Bruce UK" wrote:
>
> > I have received this error code when trying to install Security Update for
> > Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service pack 1 (KB929729) on a Vista
> > Home premium machine, does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bruce.

SARAT

RE: Error code 643
Hi

I'm also getting same Error. I tried to reinstall the installation after
doing the following task. Still it didn't worked for me

"Remove the temporary files that Windows uses to identify updates for your
computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service,
delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and
then try to check for Windows updates again."

Can any one help me to resovle this problem?

Thanks
--
SARAT

"epauley" wrote:

> I too am getting code 643 error message. I attempted the suggested fix -
> linked to the code 643 message in windows update but it didn't work.
>
> "farbuncle" wrote:
>

> > I also have this problem as does thousands of others. Its all over the
> > internet. The only thing missing is a MS expert with the answer. Bill is due
> > back in a week or so.
> >
> > "Bruce UK" wrote:
> >
> > > I have received this error code when trying to install Security Update for
> > > Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service pack 1 (KB929729) on a Vista
> > > Home premium machine, does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Bruce.

epauley

RE: Error code 643
That's the same procedure I followed - nothing - still the same code 643
response.

"SARAT" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm also getting same Error. I tried to reinstall the installation after
> doing the following task. Still it didn't worked for me
>
> "Remove the temporary files that Windows uses to identify updates for your
> computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service,
> delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and
> then try to check for Windows updates again."
>
> Can any one help me to resovle this problem?
>
> Thanks
> --
> SARAT
>

> "epauley" wrote:
>
> > I too am getting code 643 error message. I attempted the suggested fix -
> > linked to the code 643 message in windows update but it didn't work.
> >
> > "farbuncle" wrote:
> >

> > > I also have this problem as does thousands of others. Its all over the
> > > internet. The only thing missing is a MS expert with the answer. Bill is due
> > > back in a week or so.

epauley

RE: Error code 643
Well, is there a tech or members who can help?

"epauley" wrote:

> That's the same procedure I followed - nothing - still the same code 643
> response.
>
> "SARAT" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm also getting same Error. I tried to reinstall the installation after
> > doing the following task. Still it didn't worked for me
> >
> > "Remove the temporary files that Windows uses to identify updates for your
> > computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service,
> > delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and
> > then try to check for Windows updates again."
> >
> > Can any one help me to resovle this problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > SARAT
> >

> > "epauley" wrote:
> >
> > > I too am getting code 643 error message. I attempted the suggested fix -
> > > linked to the code 643 message in windows update but it didn't work.

chris

RE: Error code 643
this is really silly, because i am having the same problem as all of you
(code 643) and I cannot figure out how to resolve it. I'm not sure if this
problem is specific to Windows Vista, but I have had nothing but problems
since upgrading. I do not recommend it to anyone and am looking to go back
to the old windows. If anyone finds a solution, please let us all know!

"epauley" wrote:

> That's the same procedure I followed - nothing - still the same code 643
> response.
>
> "SARAT" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm also getting same Error. I tried to reinstall the installation after
> > doing the following task. Still it didn't worked for me
> >
> > "Remove the temporary files that Windows uses to identify updates for your
> > computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service,
> > delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and
> > then try to check for Windows updates again."
> >
> > Can any one help me to resovle this problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > SARAT
> >

> > "epauley" wrote:
> >
> > > I too am getting code 643 error message. I attempted the suggested fix -
> > > linked to the code 643 message in windows update but it didn't work.

epauley

RE: Error code 643
This beyond silly and PAR for Microsoft who can never their get their act
together! Very frustrating! Sorry for the rant but someone from MS could chip
in here and assist - but that would suggest a customer friendly company,
which NOT MICROSOFT!

"chris" wrote:

> this is really silly, because i am having the same problem as all of you
> (code 643) and I cannot figure out how to resolve it. I'm not sure if this
> problem is specific to Windows Vista, but I have had nothing but problems
> since upgrading. I do not recommend it to anyone and am looking to go back
> to the old windows. If anyone finds a solution, please let us all know!
>
> "epauley" wrote:
>
> > That's the same procedure I followed - nothing - still the same code 643
> > response.
> >
> > "SARAT" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm also getting same Error. I tried to reinstall the installation after
> > > doing the following task. Still it didn't worked for me
> > >
> > > "Remove the temporary files that Windows uses to identify updates for your
> > > computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service,
> > > delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and
> > > then try to check for Windows updates again."
> > >
> > > Can any one help me to resovle this problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > SARAT

msharptx

RE: Error code 643
Same annoying problem, hope MS can pull their head out.

"epauley" wrote:

> This beyond silly and PAR for Microsoft who can never their get their act
> together! Very frustrating! Sorry for the rant but someone from MS could chip
> in here and assist - but that would suggest a customer friendly company,
> which NOT MICROSOFT!
>
> "chris" wrote:
>
> > this is really silly, because i am having the same problem as all of you
> > (code 643) and I cannot figure out how to resolve it. I'm not sure if this
> > problem is specific to Windows Vista, but I have had nothing but problems
> > since upgrading. I do not recommend it to anyone and am looking to go back
> > to the old windows. If anyone finds a solution, please let us all know!
> >
> > "epauley" wrote:
> >
> > > That's the same procedure I followed - nothing - still the same code 643
> > > response.

MrSlartybartfast

RE: Error code 643
And you used an "upgrade discs" installing vista, Right?
Follow this link for a possible fix.
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/sho...&tf=0&pageid=2