Vista and adobe flash player

Toby

Vista and adobe flash player
I have Vista and canot get flash player to work does anyone have any
suggestions.
Thanks
dean-dean

Re: Vista and adobe flash player
Uninstall Flash Player first:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
latest version (Adobe Flash Player
9.0.45.0):

http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...r_active_x.exe

"Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista and canot get flash player to work does anyone have any
> suggestions.
> Thanks

Mark Veldhuis

Re: Vista and adobe flash player
In article <927DC207-D9D0-4FAF-8EC3-F69248A9ACEC@microsoft.com>,
Toby@discussions.microsoft.com says...

http://www.vistabits.nl/flash_player_won't_install_IE7.htm
--

Kind regards,
Mark Veldhuis.
Toby

Re: Vista and adobe flash player
Thanks for your response but it does not work and I am running out of ideas.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Uninstall Flash Player first:
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
> latest version (Adobe Flash Player
> 9.0.45.0):
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...r_active_x.exe
>

> "Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista and canot get flash player to work does anyone have any
> > suggestions.
> > Thanks

Cuthbert J. Twillie

Re: Vista and adobe flash player
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:52:04 -0700, Toby
<Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Thanks for your response but it does not work and I am running out of ideas.
>"dean-dean" wrote:
>> Uninstall Flash Player first:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>> Then, for Internet Explorer, try the standalone installer. This is the
>> latest version (Adobe Flash Player
>> 9.0.45.0):
>> http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...r_active_x.exe
>> "Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Vista and canot get flash player to work does anyone have any
>> > suggestions.
>> > Thanks

Put macromedia/adobe in the "trusted" sites, when onlione there close
any other open windoze. Then try it's install.
Wayne P

Re: Vista and adobe flash player

I also had this problem and tried the above fix. Now I am getting the
bsod at every bootup noting, 'IRQL less than or equal to zero', for a
couple of seconds, then it tries to automatically fix the problem, which
eventually asks me to restore the system. Once I do this, I'm in and
everything looks normal, but when I reboot for any reason, it starts
over. I have Mozilla on my computer as well as IE7, don't know if that
matters.....also, I loaded Adobe Acrobat 5, which loaded with
compatiblity errors. I have been unable to find a fix for the Acrobat
issue. Also, I had loaded Acrobat and Mozilla on my computer when I
first got it a couple of weeks ago and this is a new problem so I doubt
that they are connected but I'm not sure.

Any insight?

--
Wayne P
jamesph

Re: Vista and adobe flash player
I cannot see the original post so I dont know what that was but for your new
errors.. may I respecfully suggest?...firstly Mozilla and Ie will sit
together no problem...as for the acrobat 5 that is an old program and since
this is a vista group i suspect it may not be vista compatible ...at least
one update is available to 5.05 at
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=2121
otherwise uninstall it and see if you get the same problem if not then you
have identified the glitch..so either get another copy of acrobat to install
or install it and update it immediately...try the same with mozilla ...also
if you have a system restore point immediately before the acrobat install (
which probably happened automatically) restore to that point and try
again...hope this helps..I hope it is full adobe acrobat 5 and not acrobate
reader which can be got free and is now at about no8
jph
--
jph