Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows update issue

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
Wily
 

Posts: n/a
Windows update issue
Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
Dave Quail
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue
"Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...

Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and the
other 6 went through OK.
Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.

Dave


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue
Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here (for
32-bit):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

(for 64-bit):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

"Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...

> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and
> the other 6 went through OK.
> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
>
> Dave
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
Dave Quail
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue

"dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ebRe7W8wHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here (for
> 32-bit):
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
> (for 64-bit):
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
>>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
>>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...

>> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and
>> the other 6 went through OK.
>> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>>

>


Yip...tried the standalone installer...the update installs, but it is still
in the list of available updates.

Dave

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
Wily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue
Yeah the 6 worked for me as well...thanks for the help...now to just get
that last one....
"Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:61C9DADC-4ABD-49E4-9236-9090904EFB0E@microsoft.com...
>
> "dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ebRe7W8wHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here (for
>> 32-bit):
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>> (for 64-bit):
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>
>> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
>>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
>>>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
>>>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...
>>> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and
>>> the other 6 went through OK.
>>> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>
>>>

>>

>
> Yip...tried the standalone installer...the update installs, but it is
> still in the list of available updates.
>
> Dave


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007
Dave Quail
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue

"Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:GVcli.106790$1i1.14371@pd7urf3no...
> Yeah the 6 worked for me as well...thanks for the help...now to just get
> that last one....
> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:61C9DADC-4ABD-49E4-9236-9090904EFB0E@microsoft.com...
>>
>> "dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:ebRe7W8wHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here (for
>>> 32-bit):
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>>
>>> (for 64-bit):
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>>
>>> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
>>>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>>> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
>>>>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
>>>>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...
>>>> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and
>>>> the other 6 went through OK.
>>>> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
>>>>
>>>> Dave
>>>>
>>>>
>>>

>>
>> Yip...tried the standalone installer...the update installs, but it is
>> still in the list of available updates.
>>
>> Dave

>


I have submitted an error report to Microsoft...will let you know of the
outcome.

Dave

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007
VFP9Belgium
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue
Thanks. I had exactly the same issue and I spent two hours last night
following MS help advise, bringing me back to square one.

"Dave Quail" wrote:

>
> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:GVcli.106790$1i1.14371@pd7urf3no...
> > Yeah the 6 worked for me as well...thanks for the help...now to just get
> > that last one....
> > "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:61C9DADC-4ABD-49E4-9236-9090904EFB0E@microsoft.com...
> >>
> >> "dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ebRe7W8wHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >>> Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here (for
> >>> 32-bit):
> >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >>>
> >>> (for 64-bit):
> >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >>>
> >>> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>> news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
> >>>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >>>> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
> >>>>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says they
> >>>>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...
> >>>> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it and
> >>>> the other 6 went through OK.
> >>>> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
> >>>>
> >>>> Dave
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>
> >> Yip...tried the standalone installer...the update installs, but it is
> >> still in the list of available updates.
> >>
> >> Dave

> >

>
> I have submitted an error report to Microsoft...will let you know of the
> outcome.
>
> Dave
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2007
Wily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows update issue
Well I hope they release a "fix"....Cheers!
"VFP9Belgium" <VFP9Belgium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5B65159B-9022-410B-BD40-69FDB07EDC74@microsoft.com...
> Thanks. I had exactly the same issue and I spent two hours last night
> following MS help advise, bringing me back to square one.
>
> "Dave Quail" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:GVcli.106790$1i1.14371@pd7urf3no...
>> > Yeah the 6 worked for me as well...thanks for the help...now to just
>> > get
>> > that last one....
>> > "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:61C9DADC-4ABD-49E4-9236-9090904EFB0E@microsoft.com...
>> >>
>> >> "dean-dean" <dean-dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:ebRe7W8wHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >>> Have you tried the standalone installer for KB935807? Found here
>> >>> (for
>> >>> 32-bit):
>> >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>> >>>
>> >>> (for 64-bit):
>> >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>> >>>
>> >>> "Dave Quail" <davequail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >>> news:FF2EC723-6A1F-472D-B8FB-18ADB0A45EE0@microsoft.com...
>> >>>> "Wily" <bronto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> >>>> news:IBUki.104319$xq1.13583@pd7urf1no...
>> >>>>> Today's update leaves 7 uninstalled after 2 reboots it still says
>> >>>>> they
>> >>>>> haven't been installed. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance...
>> >>>> Same problem here...I narrowed it down to KB935807...de-selected it
>> >>>> and
>> >>>> the other 6 went through OK.
>> >>>> Tried the 7th on it's own, but still will not install.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Dave
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >> Yip...tried the standalone installer...the update installs, but it is
>> >> still in the list of available updates.
>> >>
>> >> Dave
>> >

>>
>> I have submitted an error report to Microsoft...will let you know of the
>> outcome.
>>
>> Dave
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Mac OS X update fixes audio issue Steve Security News 0 07-03-2007 01:59
HP Vista Issue-motherboard update rlp2955 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 05-15-2007 15:15
A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer tokjad@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 5 05-12-2007 23:33
Failed Monitor - Display Driver update issue jezuitsoljaz microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 04-29-2007 01:22
Strange Issue with windows update will microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 02:53




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120