> After fixing all my other problems I ran all of the latest update which went
> fine. Now when I turn my computer on a little box comes up saying HD Audio
> CPL at the top and wrong driver version below. What do I need to do to fix
Roll back the drivers to the ones that worked.
Roll Back Troublesome Device Drivers in Windows Vista from the How-To Geek:
If that doesn't work, uninstall the drivers and reinstall the right
ones. Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. The older Aida32 is good for this, too although it might not
work on Vista.
- Belarc Advisor
- Aida32 (hosted on Jim Eshelman's site)
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User