Startup Programs Removal

Joef518

Startup Programs Removal
I usder "system configuration" to remove a couple programs that shipped with
my new computer that I have no interest in using. Now when I start up I got
a "Blocked Programs" notification in the system tray. When I restarted
System Configuration Utility I noticed that there are several items from
these vendors who's programs I have no intention of using listed under
"Services", can I just uncheck them as well and will this remove the "Blocked
Programs" notification everytime I start my system?
Rick Rogers

Re: Startup Programs Removal
Hi,

You can uncheck them under services, but if you have no intention of ever
using them simply uninstall them. And no, it won't stop the notification on
reboot by simply disabling them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Joef518" <Joef518@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I usder "system configuration" to remove a couple programs that shipped
>with
> my new computer that I have no interest in using. Now when I start up I
> got
> a "Blocked Programs" notification in the system tray. When I restarted
> System Configuration Utility I noticed that there are several items from
> these vendors who's programs I have no intention of using listed under
> "Services", can I just uncheck them as well and will this remove the
> "Blocked
> Programs" notification everytime I start my system?

Joef518

Re: Startup Programs Removal
I will do that with one, the other I'm not 100% sure I'd never want to use,
not sure why I can't just remove it from Start Up but the REMOVE button is
greyed out and I do have Administrator rights. Thanks for your help though