Office 2003 apps missing Icon inmage afer Vista upgrade

AuthorizedUserPF

Office 2003 apps missing Icon inmage afer Vista upgrade
Good afternoon;
I recently upgraded xp professional with Vista Ultimate. After the upgrade,
I proceeded to install Office 2003 and all its apps over Office 2002. Now I
notice that none of my previous files from all Office applications are
displaying the Application Icon. Can anyone tell me what may have happened
and what I can do short of re-installing Office , to get these back. The
correct extensions show and I can still open the files in eachs respective
application, however, it is dificult to distinguish between Excel, Word,
Access, etc. when all the files show the same generic icon. I have to rely
solely on the extension.
Regards
Phil
Neil Harley

Re: Office 2003 apps missing Icon inmage afer Vista upgrade
AuthorizedUserPF wrote:
> Good afternoon;
> I recently upgraded xp professional with Vista Ultimate. After the upgrade,
> I proceeded to install Office 2003 and all its apps over Office 2002. Now I
> notice that none of my previous files from all Office applications are
> displaying the Application Icon. Can anyone tell me what may have happened
> and what I can do short of re-installing Office , to get these back. The
> correct extensions show and I can still open the files in eachs respective
> application, however, it is dificult to distinguish between Excel, Word,
> Access, etc. when all the files show the same generic icon. I have to rely
> solely on the extension.
> Regards
> Phil

Personally I would reinstall Office over the top again, or remove it
completely before installing. Something appears to have gone wrong and
you won't know if it is only the icons which aren't correct.

ajv

Re: Office 2003 apps missing Icon inmage afer Vista upgrade
did you upgrade the latest Office 2003 service pack (3)?