ActiveX Control in IE7

trosas

ActiveX Control in IE7
Hello

I don't get install activeX controls. I need install the HP for detection of
my computer updates, but it don't install.
How do I need to config Internet Explorer for acept this controls?

Please help me.

teresa

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: ActiveX Control in IE7
Microsoft Genuine Advantage - Diagnostic Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/default.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

"trosas" wrote:

Hello

I don't get install activeX controls. I need install the HP for detection of
my computer updates, but it don't install.
How do I need to config Internet Explorer for acept this controls?

Please help me.

teresa

trosas

Re: ActiveX Control in IE7
Ok. Yhe Validation pass suceful, but when I go to HP page, the problem is
the same...

> Microsoft Genuine Advantage - Diagnostic Site:
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/default.aspx
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
>
> "trosas" wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I don't get install activeX controls. I need install the HP for detection
> of
> my computer updates, but it don't install.
> How do I need to config Internet Explorer for acept this controls?
>
> Please help me.
>
> teresa

Joe

Re: ActiveX Control in IE7
i had the same problem... on xp and vista. ive tried everything, installing
the wga software and all that jazz and still cannot get activex to install..
it says it has installed and that i need to restart the browser for changes
to take effect, and of course it doesnt work and the whole thing starts over
again..

"trosas" wrote:

> Ok. Yhe Validation pass suceful, but when I go to HP page, the problem is
> the same...

> > Microsoft Genuine Advantage - Diagnostic Site:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/default.aspx
> >

> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows - Shell/User

> > "trosas" wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I don't get install activeX controls. I need install the HP for detection
> > of
> > my computer updates, but it don't install.
> > How do I need to config Internet Explorer for acept this controls?
> >
> > Please help me.
> >
> > teresa

Cal Bear '66

Re: ActiveX Control in IE7
Not sure if this will solve your problem, but: Control Panel > Programs and
Features, Turn Windows features on or off (in left hand pane), Windows Features,
check ActiveX Installer Service ( installs activex for standard user based on
policy) -- not installed by default

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!