putting keys back on keyboard

Candace

putting keys back on keyboard
I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my laptop...the
charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know how to
put them back on????
Michael

Re: putting keys back on keyboard
In general simply push (gently) straight down. Certain wide keys (i.e. space
bar) require some additonal care, there is ofter a metal bar that must be
aligned with and slide under guides before again gently pushing down.

Michael

"Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsFA26BE3-7176-4E21-84F5-FFF53EE0EF96@microsoft.com...
>I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my laptop...the
> charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know how
> put them back on????

Charlie Tame

Michael wrote:
> In general simply push (gently) straight down. Certain wide keys (i.e.
> space bar) require some additonal care, there is ofter a metal bar that
> must be aligned with and slide under guides before again gently pushing
> down.
>
> Michael
>
> "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsFA26BE3-7176-4E21-84F5-FFF53EE0EF96@microsoft.com...
>> I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my
>> laptop...the
>> charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know
>> how to
>> put them back on????

So next time someone says "I can't find the ANY key" remember, they just
may be telling the truth Candace has it.

I hope that succeeds Candace, if not then you will have to take it in
for repairs, I seriously doubt that a laptop keyboard replacement would
be a do it yourself job.
Lord Takyon

"Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message
> Michael wrote:
>> In general simply push (gently) straight down. Certain wide keys (i.e.
>> space bar) require some additonal care, there is ofter a metal bar that
>> must be aligned with and slide under guides before again gently pushing
>> down.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsFA26BE3-7176-4E21-84F5-FFF53EE0EF96@microsoft.com...
>>> I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my
>>> laptop...the
>>> charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know
>>> how to
>>> put them back on????

> So next time someone says "I can't find the ANY key" remember, they just
> may be telling the truth Candace has it.
>
> I hope that succeeds Candace, if not then you will have to take it in for
> repairs, I seriously doubt that a laptop keyboard replacement would be a
> do it yourself job.

Why? It is an easy thing to change, I have done a few with no previous
experience.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Neil Harley

Charlie Tame wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> In general simply push (gently) straight down. Certain wide keys (i.e.
>> space bar) require some additonal care, there is ofter a metal bar
>> that must be aligned with and slide under guides before again gently
>> pushing down.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsFA26BE3-7176-4E21-84F5-FFF53EE0EF96@microsoft.com...
>>> I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my
>>> laptop...the
>>> charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know
>>> how to
>>> put them back on????

> So next time someone says "I can't find the ANY key" remember, they just
> may be telling the truth Candace has it.
>
> I hope that succeeds Candace, if not then you will have to take it in
> for repairs, I seriously doubt that a laptop keyboard replacement would
> be a do it yourself job.

Keyboards on laptops are simple to remove or install. The hardest part
is finding the method of locking them into place and then remembering to
unclip the connecting ribbon.

Sometimes the keyboard is held in place with screws, sometimes its clips
but either way it isn't difficult and can be done within a couple of
minutes.