windows media player (Vista) won't open

bfree

windows media player (Vista) won't open
Hey,
I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why or
might help me? thanx
Cal Bear '66

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
What exactly happens when you try to open it? Any error messages? How are your
trying to open it?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why or
> might help me? thanx

bfree

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
nothing. i press on the icon on the launch bar, in the programm files folder,
in start menu...and nothing, its does not opes without giving any errors or
sth!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What exactly happens when you try to open it? Any error messages? How are your
> trying to open it?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> > I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why or
> > might help me? thanx

Cal Bear '66

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
When you type wmplayer.exe into the search box above the Start Orb and press
enter, what happens?

--

> nothing. i press on the icon on the launch bar, in the programm files folder,
> in start menu...and nothing, its does not opes without giving any errors or
> sth!
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> What exactly happens when you try to open it? Any error messages? How are
>> your
>> trying to open it?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey,
>> > I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why or
>> > might help me? thanx

dean-dean

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
What happens if you right-click on a Media Player shortcut, choose Open File
Location and double-click on wmplayer.exe?

If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see if
wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player again.

"bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> nothing. i press on the icon on the launch bar, in the programm files
> folder,
> in start menu...and nothing, its does not opes without giving any errors
> or
> sth!
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> What exactly happens when you try to open it? Any error messages? How
>> are your
>> trying to open it?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey,
>> > I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why
>> > or
>> > might help me? thanx

bfree

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
Thanx Dean-dean! that was it!!! thnx a lot

"dean-dean" wrote:

> What happens if you right-click on a Media Player shortcut, choose Open File
> Location and double-click on wmplayer.exe?
>
> If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see if
> wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
> wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player again.
>
> "bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > nothing. i press on the icon on the launch bar, in the programm files
> > folder,
> > in start menu...and nothing, its does not opes without giving any errors
> > or
> > sth!
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> What exactly happens when you try to open it? Any error messages? How
> >> are your
> >> trying to open it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

PhiAlv

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open
Possible Fix:

I had the same (or a similar) problem, and the following appears to have
fixed it:
- Open TaskManager | Applications
- If Windows Media Player is not running, hit the Processes tab and look for
wmplayer.exe in the Image Name column. If it's running, right mouse click on
it and hit End Process. Answer Yes to "are you sure?"
- Exit TaskManager and hit one of the MediaPlayer shortcuts.
- This restored MediaPlayer on my system, now I'm going to check the
settings on it to make sure I didn't configure it incorrectly at an earlier
date.
Good luck,
Phil

"bfree" wrote:

> Thanx Dean-dean! that was it!!! thnx a lot
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
> > What happens if you right-click on a Media Player shortcut, choose Open File
> > Location and double-click on wmplayer.exe?
> >
> > If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see if
> > wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
> > wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player again.
> >
> > "bfree" <bfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > nothing. i press on the icon on the launch bar, in the programm files
> > > folder,
> > > in start menu...and nothing, its does not opes without giving any errors
> > > or
> > > sth!

garymc

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open

I had the same problem and tried to "redo" Windows using the upgrade
feature and it took FOREVER and after all that, it said it couldn't
upgrade my version of Windows and had to roll back to the previous
version!! I guess I should have read down further about shutting off
the Media Player in the task manager because that worked like a charm!
thank you!! it sounds like there is a problem that develops with it
after installing a Windows update

--
garymc
garymc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29810

http://forums.techarena.in

JD

"bfree" wrote:

> Hey,
> I cant open the Windows Media Palyer on my computer...anyone knows why or
> might help me? thanx

JD

RE: windows media player (Vista) won't open
I had the same problem with wmp the fix with the TaskManager did the the
trick.

Thanks Phil.