Vista ultimate Internet access problems

neillm2001@comcast.net

Vista ultimate Internet access problems
I am using the 64 bit version (finally) of vista Ultimate. However,
for the past week I have noticed a real inability to get on the net.
The most obvious problem occurred when Web access was inoperative.
Whenever I tried to specifically access the net I would get an error
0xc0000005 error. After much searching I noticed that the system
was using the copy of IE from the program files X86 folder. I
changed the shortcut to the IE program in the Program files folder
and I was able to access the web when clicked on the quick launch
icon. I now find that Eudora will no longer access the internet.
What is going on?

I am suspecting the data execution prevention module, but, really
can't say why. I do get a bunch of dialog boxes saying Eudora or
whatever has stopped working followed by an option to close the
program.

I really can't figure out how the 32 bit browser got selected as
default browser. I also can't figure out Eudora's problems either.
It used to work.

I have noticed that there are many items that don't have a way of
being disabled (DEP for one). Also there is no way of deleting
Eudora from the default program list. At least not on the default
programs dialog box. Vista seems to be very disjointed in its
layout. The freedom to inovate that I see MS constantly state as
their Mantra apears to be missing from this software. Now that I
think back I can't remember any real original inovation in their
software (unless I consider BOB or Millenium):-).

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 5
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Arre

Re: Vista ultimate Internet access problems

you are not alone with this problem

--
Arre
ajv

Re: Vista ultimate Internet access problems
Re-install the Network driver. Should be on your hardware driver disk
that came with your laptop/PC.

Vista has this instability that once in a while blows the doors of your
network driver.

After all it's Vista the 'public beta'

albert