Windows explorer keeps crashing

Jard

Windows explorer keeps crashing
okey i think i have a bug that is really enoying

i have my computer over clocked 15%
explorer keeps crashing then
when i go back a little it is working without any problem
also removing the clock out of the sidebar helps a little only i want to
clock it further that 8 % or something

a friend of mine is having the same problems he also get the problem when
the computer is over clocked

i'm running Vista home premium
core 2 duo E6700
P5W DH Deluxe
Sapphire X1900XTX
Ocz Memory

please help me with this

and i think i'm not the only one how has this problem

Greetz Jard Balet
The Netherland

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing
Hi Jard,

You know what the problem is, and the solution is obvious - don't overclock
the system. What exactly do you expect to gain by doing so? It's not like 15
years ago where overclocking gave you noticable performance increases. Vista
is sensitive to specifications, stay within them. Overclocking leads to
hardware faults that are not within tolerances. It's not a bug if the system
hardware is not running within manufacturer specs.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jard" <Jard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okey i think i have a bug that is really enoying
>
> i have my computer over clocked 15%
> explorer keeps crashing then
> when i go back a little it is working without any problem
> also removing the clock out of the sidebar helps a little only i want to
> clock it further that 8 % or something
>
> a friend of mine is having the same problems he also get the problem when
> the computer is over clocked
>
> i'm running Vista home premium
> core 2 duo E6700
> P5W DH Deluxe
> Sapphire X1900XTX
> Ocz Memory
>
> please help me with this
>
> and i think i'm not the only one how has this problem
>
> Greetz Jard Balet
> The Netherland

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 19:45:39 -0400, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jard,
>
> You know what the problem is, and the solution is obvious - don't overclock
> the system. What exactly do you expect to gain by doing so? It's not like 15
> years ago where overclocking gave you noticable performance increases. Vista
> is sensitive to specifications, stay within them. Overclocking leads to
> hardware faults that are not within tolerances. It's not a bug if the system
> hardware is not running within manufacturer specs.

I agree completely. Overclocking makes no sense at all. Unless you
have the absolute fastest personal computer available, you can always
get the same results as overclocking by spending a few extra dollars
for a faster machine (and without the crashes, risks, etc.).

Looking at it that way, overclocking is a way to save a few (very few)
dollars and still get the greater speed. But it makes no sense to save
so small an amount of money to run only a little bit faster and put
your hardware and your data at risk.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Windows explorer keeps crashing
Hello,

I'm overclocking my computer by over 30 %, and I had the explorer.exe crash, but because I had a partition problem, I made a reinstall. And since then I haven't had a single explorer crash, although my cpu is still overclocked. So this cannot be the (only) issue.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo