How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer.

Olivia

How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer.
How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer. The
reason I’m asking this is because the program still stays on my computer as
a file ready to be downloaded again.
Peter

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer.
Sounds like spyware to me, what name is this programme?

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Olivia" <Olivia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer. The
> reason I’m asking this is because the program still stays on my computer
> as
> a file ready to be downloaded again.

Olivia

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
Trillion and windows live one care were uninstalled but their program is
still on my computer to reinstall.

"Peter" wrote:

> Sounds like spyware to me, what name is this programme?
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
> "Olivia" <Olivia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer. The
> > reason I’m asking this is because the program still stays on my computer
> > as
> > a file ready to be downloaded again.

Charlie Tame

Olivia wrote:
> How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my computer. The
> reason I’m asking this is because the program still stays on my computer as
> a file ready to be downloaded again.

I agree it sounds like something that shouldn't be doing what it sounds
like it's doing - that is assuming we understand you properly.

Can you explain what you mean by "Stays on the computer" and what you
mean by "Downloaded again".
Peter

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
By Trillion I assume you mean Trillian - best to use Google to find Trillian
Support Forums.

I did find this:

Trillian can be uninstalled from within the Add/Remove Programs section of
your Windows control panel.

If, for some reason, there is no entry for Trillian, the product can
uninstall itself. Simply click your Start button, then Run, then type:

C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe /uninstall

Click OK, then Trillian will uninstall itself.

If both of these methods do not work, there is one last way to uninstall.
Simply delete the Trillian directory and all of its subdirectories, probably
located in your Program Files directory of Drive C. Also remove any
shortcuts and icons pointing to Trillian.

Trillian does not scatter program libraries outside of its directory, nor
does it place anything in your registry except for uninstall information.

Your message history and personal settings will not be removed during the
uninstall process. If you wish to remove these, you must currently do so by
hand.

For the other one all I can suggest is try this:
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-...rt/default.htm

You are probably going to have to do a registry cleanup if there are no
entries for these in Add/Remove.

Olivia wrote:
> Trillion and windows live one care were uninstalled but their program is
> still on my computer to reinstall.

Okay, when you download something from the internet you usually get two
options from the link - Run or Save.

If you choose run the program will usually download to a temporary
folder, install itself and you will never see the temporary file it
leaves behind. If you choose "Save" (Sometimes Save As) it will probably
finish up on your desktop as an "Archive" which you could double click
on to install the program again.

If this sounds like what you have then you can drag those files into the
trashcan, they are not installed but just parked there. To uninstall you
should use the remove option in control panel unless the program has an
option to uninstall.

If you did not uninstall them properly it is a different issue so if
what I said doesn't sound right ask before doing anything.
Olivia

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
I uninstalled the program windows live one care. But its still their, its
uninstalled but I can still reinstall it. Thats the problem. So that means
its data its still in my computer. How can I completely delete every thing
form this program?
Thanks for your help Olivia.

"Peter" wrote:

> By Trillion I assume you mean Trillian - best to use Google to find Trillian
> Support Forums.
>
> I did find this:
>
> Trillian can be uninstalled from within the Add/Remove Programs section of
> your Windows control panel.
>
> If, for some reason, there is no entry for Trillian, the product can
> uninstall itself. Simply click your Start button, then Run, then type:
>
> C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe /uninstall
>
> Click OK, then Trillian will uninstall itself.
>
> If both of these methods do not work, there is one last way to uninstall.
> Simply delete the Trillian directory and all of its subdirectories, probably
> located in your Program Files directory of Drive C. Also remove any
> shortcuts and icons pointing to Trillian.
>
> Trillian does not scatter program libraries outside of its directory, nor
> does it place anything in your registry except for uninstall information.
>
> Your message history and personal settings will not be removed during the
> uninstall process. If you wish to remove these, you must currently do so by
> hand.
>
> For the other one all I can suggest is try this:
> http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-...rt/default.htm
>
> You are probably going to have to do a registry cleanup if there are no
> entries for these in Add/Remove.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
> "Olivia" <Olivia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trillion and windows live one care were uninstalled but their program is
> > still on my computer to reinstall.
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like spyware to me, what name is this programme?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >> Toronto, Canada
> >> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate

Olivia

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
I think your right I will try this.

Thanks for all your time and advice!!

"Charlie Tame" wrote:

> Olivia wrote:
> > Trillion and windows live one care were uninstalled but their program is
> > still on my computer to reinstall.
> >

> Okay, when you download something from the internet you usually get two
> options from the link - Run or Save.
>
> If you choose run the program will usually download to a temporary
> folder, install itself and you will never see the temporary file it
> leaves behind. If you choose "Save" (Sometimes Save As) it will probably
> finish up on your desktop as an "Archive" which you could double click
> on to install the program again.
>
> If this sounds like what you have then you can drag those files into the
> trashcan, they are not installed but just parked there. To uninstall you
> should use the remove option in control panel unless the program has an
> option to uninstall.
>
> If you did not uninstall them properly it is a different issue so if
> what I said doesn't sound right ask before doing anything.

Peter

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
One Care help is at new://microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.install

--
>I uninstalled the program windows live one care. But its still their, its
> uninstalled but I can still reinstall it. Thats the problem. So that means
> its data its still in my computer. How can I completely delete every
> thing
> form this program?
> Thanks for your help Olivia.
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> By Trillion I assume you mean Trillian - best to use Google to find
>> Trillian
>> Support Forums.
>>
>> I did find this:
>>
>> Trillian can be uninstalled from within the Add/Remove Programs section
>> of
>> your Windows control panel.
>>
>> If, for some reason, there is no entry for Trillian, the product can
>> uninstall itself. Simply click your Start button, then Run, then type:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe /uninstall
>>
>> Click OK, then Trillian will uninstall itself.
>>
>> If both of these methods do not work, there is one last way to uninstall.
>> Simply delete the Trillian directory and all of its subdirectories,
>> probably
>> located in your Program Files directory of Drive C. Also remove any
>> shortcuts and icons pointing to Trillian.
>>
>> Trillian does not scatter program libraries outside of its directory, nor
>> does it place anything in your registry except for uninstall information.
>>
>> Your message history and personal settings will not be removed during the
>> uninstall process. If you wish to remove these, you must currently do so
>> by
>> hand.
>>
>> For the other one all I can suggest is try this:
>> http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-...rt/default.htm
>>
>> You are probably going to have to do a registry cleanup if there are no
>> entries for these in Add/Remove.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
>> "Olivia" <Olivia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Trillion and windows live one care were uninstalled but their program
>> > is
>> > still on my computer to reinstall.

Peter

Re: How can I delete programs that I have uninstalled off my compu
Sorry I mistyped but that's OneCar group.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada