Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can't go into hybernate...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
lord_of_gta@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Can't go into hybernate...
First system specs

Vista home premium 32bit, to lazy to get 64, am I losing anything from this?
asus 8800 gts
amd dual core 64bit 4400+
2 gigs of ram
power supply with enough power, hard to get to it and don't remember what it
is

aditional information needed?

Ok so I press the hybernate button and everything seems normal then the
screen goes black....and stays black. Finally I give up and hold the power
button the computer beeps once and a few seconds later it turns off.

Could sombody tell me why I can't hybernate. My laptop can and it's very
handy but I can't get it to work on my desktop.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't go into hybernate...
If you have a Hibernate button, then your system is able to hibernate. In
Vista, however, and unlike XP, there's no screen to tell you what's
happening. The screen goes black. You have to look at the activity lights
on your computer: when they're done flashing, and turn off, hibernation is
complete. You do get to see a message when you turn your computer back on:
" Resuming Windows...".

"lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:9D991922-9E4F-473C-AF42-9277FD172653@microsoft.com...
> First system specs
>
> Vista home premium 32bit, to lazy to get 64, am I losing anything from
> this?
> asus 8800 gts
> amd dual core 64bit 4400+
> 2 gigs of ram
> power supply with enough power, hard to get to it and don't remember what
> it
> is
>
> aditional information needed?
>
> Ok so I press the hybernate button and everything seems normal then the
> screen goes black....and stays black. Finally I give up and hold the power
> button the computer beeps once and a few seconds later it turns off.
>
> Could sombody tell me why I can't hybernate. My laptop can and it's very
> handy but I can't get it to work on my desktop.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
lord_of_gta@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't go into hybernate...
Not tha I don't appreciate the help. But as I said I have vista on my laptop
and hibernate works on it just fine. I am well aware of how it works, what it
looks like, how long it should take. My desktop DOES NOT hibernate I left it
for 10-20 mins and it was still on a black screen. If it is working then it
is taking far longer than it should.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you have a Hibernate button, then your system is able to hibernate. In
> Vista, however, and unlike XP, there's no screen to tell you what's
> happening. The screen goes black. You have to look at the activity lights
> on your computer: when they're done flashing, and turn off, hibernation is
> complete. You do get to see a message when you turn your computer back on:
> " Resuming Windows...".
>
> "lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:9D991922-9E4F-473C-AF42-9277FD172653@microsoft.com...
> > First system specs
> >
> > Vista home premium 32bit, to lazy to get 64, am I losing anything from
> > this?
> > asus 8800 gts
> > amd dual core 64bit 4400+
> > 2 gigs of ram
> > power supply with enough power, hard to get to it and don't remember what
> > it
> > is
> >
> > aditional information needed?
> >
> > Ok so I press the hybernate button and everything seems normal then the
> > screen goes black....and stays black. Finally I give up and hold the power
> > button the computer beeps once and a few seconds later it turns off.
> >
> > Could sombody tell me why I can't hybernate. My laptop can and it's very
> > handy but I can't get it to work on my desktop.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Spirit
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't go into hybernate...
You can set the time in Power Management.

"lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:235047CA-24DD-4C8A-B316-315E68DF38E7@microsoft.com...
> Not tha I don't appreciate the help. But as I said I have vista on my
> laptop
> and hibernate works on it just fine. I am well aware of how it works, what
> it
> looks like, how long it should take. My desktop DOES NOT hibernate I left
> it
> for 10-20 mins and it was still on a black screen. If it is working then
> it
> is taking far longer than it should.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> If you have a Hibernate button, then your system is able to hibernate.
>> In
>> Vista, however, and unlike XP, there's no screen to tell you what's
>> happening. The screen goes black. You have to look at the activity
>> lights
>> on your computer: when they're done flashing, and turn off, hibernation
>> is
>> complete. You do get to see a message when you turn your computer back
>> on:
>> " Resuming Windows...".
>>
>> "lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:9D991922-9E4F-473C-AF42-9277FD172653@microsoft.com...
>> > First system specs
>> >
>> > Vista home premium 32bit, to lazy to get 64, am I losing anything from
>> > this?
>> > asus 8800 gts
>> > amd dual core 64bit 4400+
>> > 2 gigs of ram
>> > power supply with enough power, hard to get to it and don't remember
>> > what
>> > it
>> > is
>> >
>> > aditional information needed?
>> >
>> > Ok so I press the hybernate button and everything seems normal then the
>> > screen goes black....and stays black. Finally I give up and hold the
>> > power
>> > button the computer beeps once and a few seconds later it turns off.
>> >
>> > Could sombody tell me why I can't hybernate. My laptop can and it's
>> > very
>> > handy but I can't get it to work on my desktop.

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
lord_of_gta@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't go into hybernate...
What!? I don't need to set the time for anything... I need my hibernate
feature to work. The timing for anything doesn't have to do with anything.
The problem is my computer locks up when it tries to hibernate.

"Spirit" wrote:

> You can set the time in Power Management.
>
> "lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:235047CA-24DD-4C8A-B316-315E68DF38E7@microsoft.com...
> > Not tha I don't appreciate the help. But as I said I have vista on my
> > laptop
> > and hibernate works on it just fine. I am well aware of how it works, what
> > it
> > looks like, how long it should take. My desktop DOES NOT hibernate I left
> > it
> > for 10-20 mins and it was still on a black screen. If it is working then
> > it
> > is taking far longer than it should.
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have a Hibernate button, then your system is able to hibernate.
> >> In
> >> Vista, however, and unlike XP, there's no screen to tell you what's
> >> happening. The screen goes black. You have to look at the activity
> >> lights
> >> on your computer: when they're done flashing, and turn off, hibernation
> >> is
> >> complete. You do get to see a message when you turn your computer back
> >> on:
> >> " Resuming Windows...".
> >>
> >> "lord_of_gta@yahoo.com" <lordofgtayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote
> >> in message news:9D991922-9E4F-473C-AF42-9277FD172653@microsoft.com...
> >> > First system specs
> >> >
> >> > Vista home premium 32bit, to lazy to get 64, am I losing anything from
> >> > this?
> >> > asus 8800 gts
> >> > amd dual core 64bit 4400+
> >> > 2 gigs of ram
> >> > power supply with enough power, hard to get to it and don't remember
> >> > what
> >> > it
> >> > is
> >> >
> >> > aditional information needed?
> >> >
> >> > Ok so I press the hybernate button and everything seems normal then the
> >> > screen goes black....and stays black. Finally I give up and hold the
> >> > power
> >> > button the computer beeps once and a few seconds later it turns off.
> >> >
> >> > Could sombody tell me why I can't hybernate. My laptop can and it's
> >> > very
> >> > handy but I can't get it to work on my desktop.
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120