Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in

SapperPest19

Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in
HP Pavilion dv9220us
Windows Vista Home Premium
Logitech QuickCam Fusion
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
Any ideas on this one?
Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in
Have you installed the latest driver version (11)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/278&cl=us,en

I would advise you to remove any earlier driver version before you install this
latest version.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> wrote in message
> HP Pavilion dv9220us
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Logitech QuickCam Fusion
> NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>
> When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
> sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
> my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
> boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
> Any ideas on this one?

triggered

Re: Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in

"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> wrote in message
> HP Pavilion dv9220us
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Logitech QuickCam Fusion
> NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>
> When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
> sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
> my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
> boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
> Any ideas on this one?

Unplug it.

SapperPest19

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 02:55:54 -0500, "triggered" <t@b.com> wrote:

>"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> wrote in message
>news:3alq83p5g4046c6l922b7uvble3kjo6tl6@4ax.com.. .
>> HP Pavilion dv9220us
>> Windows Vista Home Premium
>> Logitech QuickCam Fusion
>> NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>>
>> When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
>> sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
>> my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
>> boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
>> Any ideas on this one?

>Unplug it.

Really? Did you come up with this one on your own? And to think, it
only took you about 12 hours to think of it.
mikebear45

RE: Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in
I can't speak for HP's but I have a Dell that exhibits the same behavior if a
setting in BIOS is not set to "No Boot". Something to do with external USB
hard drives?

Mike

"SapperPest19" wrote:

> HP Pavilion dv9220us
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Logitech QuickCam Fusion
> NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>
> When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
> sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
> my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
> boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
> Any ideas on this one?

James Matthews

Re: Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in
Maybe it's a bad Driver

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=14
"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> wrote in message
> HP Pavilion dv9220us
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Logitech QuickCam Fusion
> NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>
> When I restart my laptop, I have to unplug my webcam or the boot
> sequence hags at the beginning when the screen is still blank. Due to
> my lack of patience, I do not know if the computer will eventually
> boot because after a minute or so, I will unplug the cam and reboot.
> Any ideas on this one?

Joe Corey

Re: Vista will not boot with webcam plugged in

Disable USB legacy support in BIOS settings